Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: GoPro Player crashing

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 

Referring back to my problem with GoPro Player and the need of an HEVC Hardware Decoder. I joined a Community on Dell hoping to solve the issue. After some helpful hints and tips from them, they suggested it's maybe a software problem with Player and not a technical problem with my laptop.

Every search for HEVC Hardware Decoder keeps coming up with HEVC codec. I already have that installed from Microsoft on purchase of the laptop.

I can render UHD4k with GoPro Studio, albeit a bit slow, but it is a large file! Why, after selecting CineForm 1080p it fails to render on Player and then Player closes? What's the problem with Player and why can't I find a solution? AllI want to do is enjoy my Max too the max, with great 360 video effects!

Any hints or tips for a very frustrated 64 year old, old fart? : smileysad:  

Regards

Ian

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear that you continue to observe the issue with the GoPro Player, @ianl6666. Do you recall if you get a particular error message when the crash happens? Would you know if your computer utilizes multiple graphics cards? A user on this thread shares a solution that you might want to look into. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've copied and pasted an earlier post to one of the group, and updated:

On opening Gopro Player and click open media, open the .360 file I wish to edit only to get a pop-up box stating: No HEVC Hardware Decoder. Your graphics device does not support HEVC video hardware decoding. You may experience poor playback preformance. We recommend using a graphics device with HEVC video support. I click ok and Player opens.

After editing the 360 footage with all my required affects (about 40 seconds in length) and plays back with no problems. I then export to be rendered, set required settings  (Cineform1080p), and send to queue, click start, and then it fails. On failiure, Player closes and saves a .mov file. There is no error code! I have the same happen with a smaller 2 to 3 second triaI edit. GoPro Studio installed on my laptop can edit UHD4K video with no problems. I've uninstalled Player and reinstalled several times with no effect. 

The processor on my Dell Inspiron 3780 is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7- 8565 CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99GHz. Installed Memory: (RAM) 8.00GB (7.88GB usable). System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor. The Intel Core i7 is an 8th Gen. Redeon Graphics. Windows 10 codec pack v2 1.9 is also installed.

I have also updated Windows 10 Home to: 20H2, in the last few days and it's a Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0. 

I have found two graphics cards installed: Intel Graphics Command Centre is: Intel UHD Graphics 620, Microsoft DirectX 12, Graphics Driver 27.20.100.8935, Shader Version 5.1 Vulkan 1.2.154, Graphics Memory Dedicated: 0GB, Shared: 4GB, Graphics Output Protocol Version 9.0.1085.

Radeon 520. Graphics Driver 26.20.15026.1, Graphics Memory: Dedicated: 2GB, Shared: 4GB

Hope this info is of use and shed might some light on my problem.

Regards

Ian 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya 

Finally got around to following the thread you gave me last week. Disabled my Radeon prosessor and,

bingo! Player now works, and I can export and render in HEVC 1080p. My only gripe now is,why won't GoPro

Studio recognise and open a GSO .mp4 file? I love using Studio for editing and FX.

Many, many thanks for the tip! 

Kindest regards.

Ian