Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Player crashing

[ New ]

The GoPro Player PC App crashes every time I try to export a photo/image. I have Windows 10 on a very new and powerful desktop. Reinstalling the app clears the issue but it recurs every time.

GoPro

Re: GoPro Player crashing

[ New ]

@nicestorm27476, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. We also have some additional troubleshooting suggestions here How to Resolve GoPro Player/GoPro MAX Exporter Crashing Issues that will help.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for this.

I have verified that all updates are installed and the system complies with the minimum requirements. I have also worked trhrough the troubleshooting advisory. Still getting a crash every time I try and 'extract frame' It starts processing and then the programme shuts down. Sometimes I have to resinstall the programme to get it working again, but not every time. I can export to H264 and Cineform without issue. 

Any ideas? Can I get a error report?

Also, is it possible to edit several 360 sequences together in to one file and store as 360? I don't have Premier Pro (too expensive) so I use Elements after exporting from GoPro Player, but it only works in HD not 360. 

Regards,

Stephen

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nicestorm27476

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I'm also having problems with GoPro Player.

On opening Gopro Player and click open media, open the .360 file I wish to edit only to get a pop-up box stating: No HEVC Hardware Decoder. Your graphics device does not support HEVC video hardware decoding. You may experience poor playback preformance. We recommend using a graphics device with HEVC video support. I click ok and Player opens.

After editing the 360 footage with all my required affects, (about 40 seconds in length) I then export to be rendered, set required settings  (Cineform) and send to queue, click start, and then it fails. On failiure, Player closes and saves a .mov file. I have the same happen with a smaller 2 to 3 second triaI edit. GoPro Studio installed on my laptop can edit 4K video with no problems. I've uninstalled Player and reinstalled several times with no effect. 

The processor on my Dell Inspiron 3780 is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7- 8565 CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99GHz. Installed Memory: (RAM) 8.00GB (7.88GB usable). System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor. The Intel Core i7 is an 8th Gen. Redeon Graphics. Windows 10 codec pack v2 1.9 is also installed.

I have also updated Windows 10 Home to: 20H2 and it's a Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0. 

Any advice gratefully received.

Ian 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ianl6666

Your computer is missing HEVC Video Extensions to read this file.

These typically are provided by your computer manufacturer, please contact them to redeem or download the HEVC Video Extensions otherwise you can purchase it from Microsoft Store directly.

You may also check How to Resolve GoPro Player/GoPro MAX Exporter Crashing Issues

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 

Thanks for your info,

Not being computer literate, I've been struggling for a while to cure the problem thinking I already had HEVC Video Extentions installed. Perhaps, on scouring the interweb and the GoPro hub for the fix, I should have put two and two together from the info supplied here, on the web and, not forgetting, that pop-up box!

Once again, many thanks for the solution to my problem and, hopefully, it won't cost big Bucks for the fix, and go on to make some great videos using Max 360. 

Kind regards. Smiley Very Happy 

Ian

GoPro

[ New ]

No worries! @ianl6666

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Have fun using your GoPro!

Regards,

Ej