Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

GoPro Player crashes Quick on Catalina

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to reframe and render a 360 video. After I hit export the GoPlayer crashes and I get a message "GoPro Player quit unexpectedly." I tried exporting to different video formats with no luck.

GoPro

Re: GoPro Player Max Export crashes Quick on Catalina

Hello @peppyvista5812. A new version of the GoPro MAX Player was released last week with the following bug fixes and improvement: 

• Fixed stabilization issue for videos without World Lock.
  • Fixed horizon leveling issue for MAX TimeWarp and TimeLapse videos that were trimmed.  
  • Squashed a few bugs and made a couple of enhancements.

See if updating to this version (v 1.0.2) will clear out the issue you observed. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Sightseer

Sorry this is actually for the GoPro Player. I'm on the latest version of the app running on Catalina. Exporting 360 videos after reframing still fails.

GoPro

Hello @peppyvista5812. Do you still observe the same issue with the latest version of the GoPro MAX Player on your Mac? A new version of the app was released last Thursday, December 5th.

See https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Player-GoPro-MAX-Exporter-Release-Notes/ta-p/446375 for details on the fixes done. 

Let us know how it goes after updating to the latest version of the app. Thanks! 

Sightseer

Hi,

Version 1.0.3 fixes the bug on Catalina. Thank you.

Hiker

Hi. I have the last version 1.04 and i have the same problem... Where i can download the 1.03 version?

Thanks

Jaume

GoPro

Thank you for the feedback, @jaumefv. To verify, are you getting exactly the same error message as @peppyvista5812 originally reported? Does the app crash only when exporting after reframing? Do you also get the error message "GoPro Player quit unexpectedly"? Does it matter which formats are used? What exactly is the OS version of the Mac that you are using? 

These details will help us further isolate the source of the trouble. We look forward to hearing back from you. Best regards!

Hiker

Hi @mariustanya 

It's the same problem. The version of Catalina is 10.15.2.

I can copy the final of the details error:

Model: MacBookPro16,1, BootROM 1037.60.58.0.0 (iBridge: 17.16.12551.0.0,0), 6 processors, 6-Core Intel Core i7, 2,6 GHz, 16 GB, SMC
Graphics: kHW_IntelUHDGraphics630Item, Intel UHD Graphics 630, spdisplays_builtin
Graphics: kHW_AMDRadeonPro5300MItem, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M, spdisplays_pcie_device, 4 GB
Memory Module: BANK 0/ChannelA-DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR4, 2667 MHz, Micron, 8ATF1G64HZ-2G6E1
Memory Module: BANK 2/ChannelB-DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR4, 2667 MHz, Micron, 8ATF1G64HZ-2G6E1
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x7BF), wl0: Oct 26 2019 10:24:57 version 9.112.2.0.32.5.40 FWID 01-95c65950
Bluetooth: Version 7.0.2f4, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0
USB Device: USB 3.1 Bus
USB Device: Apple T2 Bus
USB Device: Composite Device
USB Device: Touch Bar Backlight
USB Device: Touch Bar Display
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
USB Device: Headset
USB Device: Ambient Light Sensor
USB Device: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
USB Device: Apple T2 Controller
Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 51.7
Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 51.7

Thanks!!