Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Player and HEVC decoder

[ New ]

I downloaded the GoPro Player in my Windows10 PC and when I open .360 file I get the message below "the computer does not have the hardware decoder HEVC to read this file. ...you can buy it from microsoft. and there is a button that says "bring me there". I click and follow the purchase instruction but microsoft doesn't accept my address (Italy) and I can't complete the purchase. Please find a way for us to use this software otherwise we don't need the camera with an unusable software due to a missing decoder.

Backpacker

Re: GoPro Player and HEVC decoder

[ New ]

GoPro supply a camera tha records 360 degree media.

It's up to you to have a computer capable of rendering the footage and having the nessacary hardware and software to do so.  

You just need to Google how to install the HEVC decoder on your PC, there are plenty of instructions online.

Tourist

Re: GoPro Player and HEVC decoder

[ New ]

If still applicable :

I had the same problem when buying the codec (adress forced to be in USA, impossible to change to own country).

I got past it after going to my Microsoift profile and entering the right adress there.

When going back to the purchase My correct adress and coutry was allready filled in.

Hope this helps (also others)

grtz,

Freddy