Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Nomad

GoPro Player and Big Sur

[ New ]

Hi, ever since updating my new Macbook Pro 16" to Big Sur, I have had issues with GoPro software:

1. Premier Pro and the GoPro Reframe plugin does not work

2. GoPro Player performs terribly with choppy playback and flashes of green screen interspersed with 5 "quarters" of windows...hard to expalin but it appears as if the stiching has not worked at all 

3. Icons for the raw .360 files are blank and previews not available in file preview

I get the feeling that GoPro have not kept pace with Mac OS updates....any "GoPro" spokes people on here with inside knowledge know anything?

Sightseer

Re: GoPro Player and Big Sur

[ New ]

I am having this exact same problem. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @capediver @agentsmithv2

Check out the steps on How to Improve Choppy Playback in the GoPro Player

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

Thanks but this is not the real issue...

The FX Reframe plugin......

That's the issue...

Can you give me some information on this as I have not had anyone from GoPro addressing it...I have a machine still running Mojave and the exact same Premier Pro version and FX plugin and there are no problems

So does GoPro need to update its plugin for Big Sur?

Has anyone from GoPro tested the PP FX plugin on Big Sur?

Nomad

[ New ]

Seems GoPro is behind the curve with their software being supported by updated operating systems......

Does GoPro intend updating their software and plugins for MacOS (Big Sur) as well as the new Apple M1 chip?

For me the lack of upgrade or support for the FX reframe plugin means I have to use the GoPro App to reframe before importing to Premiere Pro. OK I still got to do this if I need to convert the GoPro proprietry .360 format coming out the Max before the file is of any use to third party software like Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro, but I like to have the full resolution available in PP or FCP before reframing down and therefore losing resolution.

All of this means extended handling of GoPro specific files to enable them to be used elsewhere....and loss of functionality of the reframe plugin is forcing me to only use GoPro software which is not ideally suited for multi-facted editing.

I believe GoPro reads this (have to seen as I have spent a ton of cash on GoPro products) and is quietly doing something in the background to make life easier for its fanboys.....com'on guys, throw me a bone here!

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

I have a little bit of info on this, even if it won't help much.

GoPro Mobile App is not supported on Apple Silicon. However the GoPro Player and GoPro Webcam is fully supported.

Point #1 it's a different product. GoPro FX Reframe is still in beta. https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-FX-Reframe/ta-p/412890
Point #2 wasn't observed by the team
Point#3 has been observed by the team and will be fixed soon.

Tourist

[ New ]

Gopro Player absolutely sucks on Big sur. I have tried to run it on two different macs in any possible way but it is super laggy. Same macs can play 4k without problems on different apps. 

I have contacted support but got only some standart lame answers. Pissed off...

Tourist

[ New ]

I am running GoPro Player with BigSur on a M1 MBP and have NO problems editing my GoPro Max files.

It is buttery smooth, absolutely no issues!

Guess it shows the M1 Macs are superior to so called top of line 16" MBP lol

However, I will admit the GoPro phone/ipad app does not run on a M1 mac, but I do know the development team are working on the GoPro Player to improve performance further for Apple silicon :)