Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Nomad

GoPro Player Update ver 1.1.0

Whatttt...at last some updates!!!

Batch convert...YES

Upscale reframe to 4k export...YES!!!!

Mount optimizatiion, i just read improved stitching. around mount....way!!!

No mention of 360 audio though...bah!

Will be running some old footage through this.....standby for review....

Highlighted
Hiker

Betreff: GoPro Player Update ver 1.1.0

ähhh, what ...where ??

what are you talking about ????

I cannot see any update ....maybe you are halluncinating in desperate hope :-)

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Betreff: GoPro Player Update ver 1.1.0

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Player Update ver 1.1.0

OK so some comments....

Wow, the new version sure is a lot more useful and very much like the GoPro Fusion software package, nice options to send directly to queue and skip export options but even in the batch exporter, you can set the export options.

The reframe section has the same functionality but seems the default transition is "Easy Both", great!

And reframe to 4K! Well that's a leap! and most welcome but not sure if the output is real 4K or "upscaled" 1080P, but the results look good and metadata shows 4K....NICE!!! Does make the workflow easier that reframing in post with Premier Pro...(does a 5.6k direct export clip reframed in Premier Pro change the resolution of the clip after reframing with new GoPro FX plugin? maybe someone has the answer!)

When trimming, there's a new option to either Send direct to Export or create a new trimmed sequence copy if you want to reframe the trimmed clip.This pops up when you hit the tick after trimming...nice!

The Mount optimization is a bit more difficult to see and needs to be either activated before export.....Edit/Enable Mount Optimization(required for every clip)....some analysing takes place first and you do see a slight shift in the stiching but hard to see in final exported shot....I guess it depends on your raw clip and how much of the mount is there in the first place. There is also an option to activate it in the Exporter queue, there is no indication that any analysing takes place here after you activate it and export takes place just like any other clip.

GPS telemetry is not available for Pro Res...however, I chose HEVC, acitivated Retain GPMF Data, then switched back to ProRes and the box for telemetry remained ticked....greyed out but ticked...can't see the data so it must be off!

So the only thing I couldn't activate was 360 audio, no combo of res, codec or anything else would activate this option....it isn't available for ProRes, when World or Horizon is enable but even in either HEVC or H.254 with World and Horizon disabled, 360 audio cannot be ebabled...so there's still that.....

But overall, a great update...thanks....hopefully the Windows version will be just a good!

For me, the only things still needed:

Transfer of data when you plug MAX into your machine.....its backwards to have to remove the microSD and mount it to copy over data...even if card be recognised and mounted as a drive via the cable would be cool then you could choose which clips to copy over.....

360 Audio......still waiting....!

FW update to MAX itself.....bring back Quik clips....

Highlighted
Tourist

So the only thing I couldn't activate was 360 audio, no combo of res, codec or anything else would activate this option....it isn't available for ProRes, when World or Horizon is enable but even in either HEVC or H.254 with World and Horizon disabled, 360 audio cannot be ebabled...so there's still that.....

Just to chirp in here... I actually literally bought the GoPro *because* of 360 audio... I am an amateur field recordist and I thought perhaps the combination of mics with my other rig would be great... I am a bit sad to not be able to use said audio for a project I am working on right now. 

Does anybody know what's up with no 360 audio? I may be tripping but I swear one of the first exports I did actually did contain the data... and dangit now I can't remember whether I exported from the iPad GoPro app or go pro player... but the reason I think that is that when I imported the file into final cut pro, the audio settings that final cut set automatically based on clip import were in 5.1 surround... am i crazy? are we saying that 360 audio isn't "available"? 

If it is or will be, I would be one of the 0.00002% of people interested in extracting those audio files independently as an option. 

Highlighted
Hiker

independent or included in immersive VR-video for use with a vr headset, you are more in the crowd of 10-20% of annoyed customers who baught the max based on false promises .

Some like me own the older fusion as well , and have setup their workfow and business on this feature , which was available there.

As written in many other threads...the max itself is recording the 4 + 2 audiotracks , but there is no goprosoftware which is able to extract it.

Highlighted
GoPro

You can extract the Ambisonic audio with ffmpeg:
ffmpeg command: ffmpeg -guess_layout_max 0 -i source.360 -map 0:6 -c:a copy ambi.wav -map 0:1 -c:a copy stereo.aac This will produce an ambi.wav file and a stereo aac audio file.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks very much... I went to do it that way... and good to know, however... I really don't find it to be worth installing / running unknown command lines... not super into having to compromise that way.

I wish GoPro would get it together!

I can't remember ever buying a product that says on the box that it has this thing when it in fact doesnt. Period. It just establishes such a bad relationship with customers like me.