Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Player MAX Not Allowing to disable world lock or activate horizon leveling.

The other day I took some daytime videos and everything seemed fine.

Open GoPro Player, disable world lock, and then everything seems good.

Last night I took more videos.

Now these videos do not have the menu to disable world lock or turn on horizon leveling.. No matter what I do I can't adjust those settings.

I thought maybe it was because I connected my phone last night.

Connected my phone again and took a 10 second video... Nope.. The options are back for the new video.

Theres no warning, error, configuration, or setting.. It just doesn't work..

The only thing I can possibly think is because they were at night and were low light that something didn't work for stabilization. If that's the case I'd like to know that ASAP.

I'm attaching shots of the two videos/missing menu

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 11.36.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 11.37.24 PM.png

Here is a link to a google drive of a clip I took last night (not working) as well as the clip I took a few minutes ago (working) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S4YALUxShl6dNT1hhO1X1E9IEdSqZZD3

This seems to be a problem with the GoPro MAX Exporter as well: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/World-lock-and-horizontal-leveling-not-always-...

GoPro Player: v1.0.4(434)

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Player MAX Not Allowing to disable world lock or activate horizon leveling.

I've found that the name of the folder where your .360 files are (or where you save your mp4 files) affects the world lock feature. Strange but real. I've changed the name of the folder (removing an "á" in the name and replacing with an "a", solved the problem). Im currently doing some tests but that seems to work.