Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

GoPro Player - How to Cut Out Footage?

[ New ]

How do I cut out unwanted footage in GoPro Player?  For example, I have 5 minutes of Max footage and want to cut out tons of sections to trim it down to 30 seconds.  How???  he scissors icon only exports footage.  I've spent 20 minutes searching the website.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Player - How to Cut Out Footage?

[ New ]

Hello, @swiftwater82380. Which version of the GoPro Player are you using? When you have a 360 file open, click on the Trim icon. After, tap on the trim icon that shows up on the timeline. This will allow you to select the range/portion of the video that you would like to trim. The portion included in the range is what's saved. 

Once you specified the portion to be included, clicking on the checkmark gives you two options: (1) create a new trimmed document or (2) export. Only one range/portion could be specified at a time - only one trim per file at a time. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Player - How to Cut Out Footage?

[ New ]

Hello, @swiftwater82380. Which version of the GoPro Player are you using? When you have a 360 file open, click on the Trim icon. After, tap on the trim icon that shows up on the timeline. This will allow you to select the range/portion of the video that you would like to trim. The portion included in the range is what's saved. 

Once you specified the portion to be included, clicking on the checkmark gives you two options: (1) create a new trimmed document or (2) export. Only one range/portion could be specified at a time - only one trim per file at a time.