Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Player Export Failed MAX

Hey all -- 

Trying to edit MAX video with GoPro Player on mac OS Catalina.  Hyperframe, 30-45 second clips.  Export goes to abouT 50%, and then fails every time, with the same error message:  "No outputTopVideo and outputBottomVideo"

Settings:  aspect 16:9. 1080P resolution.  H.264 codec.  

Anyone else had this issue?

Thx. 

J-

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 11.57.56 AM.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Player Export Failed MAX

[ Edited ]

Hello @johnegates. Have you observed this to happen to other files from your MAX? Does it matter which resolution and codec setting is chosen for the render? Please also verify the version of the GoPro Player that you have on your Mac. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @mariustanya.   Thanks for replying.

I did indeed try another file, and ProRes coded.  Same result. I did not try a different resolution. 

GoPro Player version 1.0.5 (446).

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @johnegates. There is information at https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Mac-GoPro-Player-Exporter-returning-error-quot... that will help isolate the issue, if not resolve it. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @mariustanya .  Thanks for the link to another thread with the same problem.  They have not found a solution either. 

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hey @johnegates ,

I've been informed that this issue usually occurs when the video failed to finalize correctly. This can also happen when the SD card isn't fast enough to write all the necessary data onto it. I see you're using a Samsung EVO select UHS1 / U3, but you offloaded your video to an external drive. For testing purposes, are you seeing the same crash on your local drive? Is there a chance or opportunity to use another recommended card with MAX?

Unfortunately, if your export consistently fails at 50%, then it's very possible that the file became corrupt half-way into recording. If you were to trim your video down to something that doesn't reach the half way point, say 25% of that source file, does the crash still occur?

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @mowens 

@mariustanya 

I'm using an approved SD card. Samsung EVO select UHS1 / U3. I did, however, offload the video to an external HDD for editing.

The clip I'm attempting to export is trimmmed, a 30 second section from clips that are up to 7 minutes long.  I can try exporting a shorter clip and will let you know. 

This may be related:  I notice recording artifacts to the video, happening routinely.  Perhaps for 1/2 second the image goes wonky, then recovers.  It's in the video file because I can replay the artifact consistently.  Further, I'm recording images while on my ultralight aircraft.  It's bouncy with engine vibration. 

J-

Highlighted
Hiker

Good morning @mowens ,

@mariustanya 

Update:

* Trimmed one of the offending clips in half, as you requested.  Export still fails, but this time immediately.  This is still from my HDD. 

* Formatted the SD card in the MAX, and shot more video.  This time, I can edit / export successfully when the video files are both on the SD card and HDD. 

There is no obvious reason the new video files are OK, but they are. 

Would you like the 'offending' files for evaluation?  Happy to upload them.

J-