Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Player App for MAX

Any idea when the desktop Player App for the MAX will be released?

GoPro

Re: GoPro Player App for MAX

Hello @sharpwave517. See https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/softwareandapp and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click on the link applicable to your desktop OS to proceed. 

Tourist

Just says Mac only
GoPro

Apologies. I missed the desktop mention. Rest assured, we are planning to add the same level of features for Windows as users with Mac currently get with the GoPro Player. Windows is a fragmented operating system that covers a myriad of home setups. These setups require video encoding and decoding support for spherical media that need to be tested across multiple devices. For this reason, we’re taking a little more time to get things ready to make sure it meets the expectation of our users.

Next week, we’ll release a new version of the app that features:

1) Support for HEVC and H.264 exports including 360 audio

2) An improved user interface

3) 360 Audio enhancements for videos with Horizon Leveling and World Lock

4) Several bug fixes and enhancementsWe would really appreciate it if you could test out the new update when it's released and update this thread so we know that the changes are working properly.

Thanks!

Hiker

Any more updates on the Windows app. I bought the Max and it's completely useless without an app that would let me edit the footage (and before you ask, no I don't use overpriced crap from Apple but do have a top of the range windows and Android device)

GoPro

Hello @shempl. Sorry, we do not have an update yet on the GoPro MAX Exporter for Windows in terms of the reframe features a la GoPro Player on Mac. The latest version for the Exporter, v1.9.4.0, was released last December 11. 

Sightseer

I got a MAX for Christmas which I can't wait to start using - but after shooting my first video and realizing there is no Windows app I was like wait what?  ETA on release?

Hiker

Io ho acquistato la MAX i primi di novembre e ho dovuto usare un pc apple per elaborare i video perché per windows non c'è un supporto adeguato.

Hanno rilasciato un aggiornamento del software expoter ma ancora non puoi usare i 5.6k. 

Ultimo aggiornamento 1 mese fa!

Puoi usare gopro export per convertire i file e poi il programma della concorrenza insta360 studio per fissare le posizioni nei video a 360 gradi (su windows), su apple funzona il gopro vr player.