Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

GoPro Player - 360 Audio Export Disabled

[ New ]

Just got off of chat support about the GoPro Player having 360 audio export disabled. 

I'm assuming GoPro is false advertising again and I'm not the only Mac user running into this issue. Am I correct?

Hiker

Betreff: GoPro Player - 360 Audio Export Disabled

[ New ]

you are a 100% right !

360 audio never worked since the realease .

It is fraudulent that the software since 12 month now, has the button , to lead that there would be , or there ever has been a working option.

No one ever was able to extract the real existing ambisonics sound as gorpo promised it.  The will never deliver it .

But the audiotrack exists. You have to study how to work with ffmpeg .... that works

Hiker

[ New ]

Ridiculous. This is like the 10th time I've bought a GoPro product that didn't do what is advertised. You'd think I would have learned by now, along with everyone else. I always end up wasting my time and sending the stuff back.

I think with this, since I planned on recording the spatial audio external to the camera, I might just keep it, but what is up with the brazan lies and false advertising that GoPro does?

GoPro

Re: Betreff: GoPro Player - 360 Audio Export Disabled

[ New ]

Apologies for the delay, @droogles, and @bluewater86456. We do not have an update about it yet. We will post about it once we have new information from the team. Thanks!

Hiker

Re: Betreff: GoPro Player - 360 Audio Export Disabled

[ New ]
And you never will. Prove me wrong. GoPro sells lies.
Tourist

Re: GoPro Player - 360 Audio Export Disabled

[ New ]

I can't believe it! Looks like it has been more than a year, and there is still no solution.

I bought a new iMac because the GoPro player wouldn't work on an old OX, and now I can't have the 360 audio! Inadmisable. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Hey GoPro. You advertise 360 audio. Where is it? Should I turn this over to the FTC?
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi all

Same here. I just wanted to raise another thread, but then I found this one.

I use GoPro Player 1.0.1.306 on Windows 10 and the 360-Audio check-box is always greyed out - see attachment.

360AudioGreyedOut.PNG

In the camera I selected HEVC as Video Compression and 360 + Stereo as Audio setting.

Is there a workaround available?

Cheers

-Luca.

Hiker

[ New ]

I ended up reporting GoPro to the FTC. If you are experiencing this issue, you can also: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 10.47.45 AM.png

Hiker

[ New ]

Hey, GoPro, stop deleting my valid FTC complaint posting on this forum about your false advertising and provide the functionality that I paid money for. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello, how does this FTC complaint help with fixing the bug? Or did it never work using GoPro's tools? Will you get the money back or does it put pressure on GoPro to deliver?

Hiker

[ New ]

It never worked. Either they can make the functionality available or stop advertising the functionality. It's very simple.

Hiker

[ New ]

Are we actually doing the right thing here to address such issues? Is this the best way to get things done or is there a formal incident / problem handling process available? Is GoPro actually reading this forum or is this just for users?

Hiker

[ New ]
Please read the entire thread. Yes, as I initially posted, there is a GoPro case open for this, beyond this thread. It’s been a month since I reported it, years for others who reported it. Still no 360 audio. I think it’s fair to claim false advertising. 500.00 USD is not a trivial amount of money.

My question to you is “Are you experiencing this issue?”. If not, move on unless you have something more to contribute.
Hiker

[ New ]

Case number 08405419 still not resolved a month later. Who else uses Macs and paid for no 360 audio?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Everyone: the more we report this to the FTC, which we should be doing, the faster GoPro will actually fix the 360 audio not-exportable (ridiculous) issue that we are all facing. It's sad that this is what it takes, but if you read the GoPro forums, you'll see that there are many examples were GoPro sells you something, but then never makes the softare do what's promised. It is the reason why the FTC exists, to field complaints like this, and help with federal trade. GoPro will fix this, when they actually get in trouble with the Feds for the lies. Please fulfil your civic duty and keep lodging complaints with the FTC. and kudos to the first person who did!

Sightseer

[ New ]
BTW, here is my report number with the FTC: Report Number
Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks. They still have not fixed the issue. Still no 360 audio.

Hiker

[ New ]

this issue is known and reported since the very first day of the realease of  gopro-max more then a year ago.

They always replied ...sent to the team in charge....will provide a fix soon.....
All of that has been now proven as lies.

There never was a team in charge , and that never worked /neither win nor osx ....and , mark my words .....there never will be a fix for this..

don't believe it ?  ... keep in mind what I've said   ....let's see in 12 month or more

Hiker

[ New ]

Oh, I believe it 100%. I've owned about 10 differennt GoPro cameras now and sent all but two of them back because of their broken promised and false advertising. 

This is why if enough people report this to the FTC, overwhelming evidence will force them to fix it or at the minimum, pull down the false ads.

Tourist

[ New ]

true..  regardless what codec you choose, and disabling the other choices, its still not selectable. 
I don't even fathom was 360 audio even is and how its played back, but thought it might be interesting, and was slightly disapointed that i couldn't enable it, regardless my settings.

Is it confirmed that this only is prevented on Mac? (i'm on a Mac).

Hiker

[ New ]
I only have Mac so not sure. I’ve heard others say it’s not available with PC either.
Hiker

[ New ]

it is nowhere available nor was ever .

Neither Windows nor OSX in any versions has ever had this functionality.

In the beginning gopro-forum-employes claimed that it is only under certain circumstances..

then they claimed , that there is currently a fix in development,,,,soon to be released...

this all was exactly one year ago ..... and as expected ...nothing was fixed ever since.....and never will be....

I'm only curious why ?

Some other thread showed some new interesting information.... but i really would like to have more technical information for a honest reason .... or is it plain ignorance , and cold as ice customer fraud (because of intentional continious false advertisment)... same as the no-information about incompatibility with all european samsung mobile-devices of the last 2 years.