Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Player 1.3.0 for Mac exports constantly failing

This issue seemed to have start right after I updated GoPro Player to version 1.3.0. I'm running the latest version of macOS, 10.15.6.

When I try to batch export multiple videos, I'm seeing 2 issues:

1. multiple videos, usually ones that tend to be longer (4+ minutes) will fail with the error "Export Failed" - "An error occurred. Please try again. If the error keeps occurring, your file might be corrupted." However, I know for a fact that the file is not corrupted and can be processed. If I keep trying, restart my computer, etc. then finally the failed videos will be processed. There must be some kind of leak somewhere or something not cleaning up after itself when processing. Also to note, for the failed videos, if I try to export individually, that will also fail with the same error.

2. With batch export, sometimes there is no failure and the export job will just hang. Ex. on one video, 13%, I found it stopped completely and would never move. Like the other issue, it is not the file itself, because through a series of steps, that I can't really pinpoint, the file will eventually export successfully after trying different things.

Please let me know if any additional information would be helpful. I'm also happy to provide any of the files that fail.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Player 1.3.0 for Mac exports constantly failing

Is when you are using the Go Pro Player?  I have been experiencing what you are stating in the first part when trying to trim from a created video.  I do most of my creating in iMovie.  Do you think that this might be the issue?  

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Player 1.3.0 for Mac exports constantly failing

Sorry to hear about what's happening with the GoPro Player exports, @boldflare4137, and @softballdad52. Thank you for the details that you provided We have passed your feedback along to the team. We will update you through this thread once we hear back from them. Should we need further information, we will post back and tag you. Best regards!