Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

GoPro Player 1.3.0 broke 360 image batch exporting

[ New ]

The latest version of GoPro Player on mac (1.3.0) broke 360 image exporing Smiley Frustrated. It cannot level horizon or world lock like on version 1.2.1. Is there a way to downgrade or can this be fixed quickly? I'm using a GoPro max 360 images.

Hiker

Re: GoPro Player 1.3.0 broke 360 image batch exporting

[ New ]

After some more investigation into the issue I've found that the 360 photo levelling is not working at all.

Here is a picture levelled in 1.2.1:

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 10.16.10.jpg

Here is the same picture levelled with version 1.3.0

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 10.15.45.jpg

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @greenexper2452

Is this an actual 360 photo or a frame grabbed from a 360 video?

Would you be able to share your workflow?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006

These are actual 360 still photos. Not captured from video.

I mainly use my Max to take 360 timelapse in photo format. Then I run the images thru batch exporter as I may have hundreds or more images.

Now with the latest update to GoPro Player on Mac 360 photo levelling is not working as it was in the previous version. And with not working I mean that the horizon is not levelling correctly. I even tested older photos that I've taken before the update that levelled properly in 1.2.1 but are not levelling correctly in 1.3.0 (see my earlier post). I noticed that the world lock is not not working either. With 360 videos levelling works correctly but not with 360 still images.

I hope this can get fixed soon.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm having all kinds of issues with exporting in 1.3.0. Have you figured out how to go back to the previous version?

Hiker

[ New ]

Nope. I wish we had a way to download older versions in case of these type of things happen Smiley Sad

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the additional details that you provided, @greenexper2452. We will try to replicate the issue and share your feedback with the team. We will keep you posted through this thread. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @boldflare4137. What seems to be the issue with using the GoPro Player? How may we help?