Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

GoPro Max not horizon leveling photos

[ New ]

I had a fusion, upgraded to Max. In fusion studio or whatever they called it, when i would export photos it would auto level the horizon so i when i viewed the photo say in MacOS finder, the image would be warped becuase of the 360 but the horizon would be level in the photo. Ive been using the Max for a few weeks and cannot get my images level. if i use the same logic with Finder, the horizon is a gaint curve and not straight accross the pciture. causing viewing 360 photos to be not what i want.

i have tried exporting the phoot in Player with no help, tried viewing straight from the camera with no help.

Any suggestions?

the first photo is with the fusion, see level horizon

Fusion

Second photo is with max, see unlevel horizon

Max

GoPro

Re: GoPro Max not horizon leveling photos

[ New ]

Hi @coolbeach45182

Would you be able to share your workflow?

What are the export settings used?

Do you observe the same when opening the files through the GoPro Quik app?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Re: GoPro Max not horizon leveling photos

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @coolbeach45182

Would you be able to share your workflow?

What are the export settings used?

Do you observe the same when opening the files through the GoPro Quik app?

Thanks!

Ej

Thank you for your reply.

I did some research into this and i guess if i just use GoPro Player as my viewer, then everything is fine. Its just annoying for using google photos or such becuase if the horizon is off like in my original post then the photo doesnt scan correctly.

My export settings dont seem to matter. I tried just not exporting in GoPro player and just using the JPG straight from the camera. then i tried exporting using GoPro Player and you asked for settings, but exporting photos there are no settings. Its File > Export > Save. So im not sure what settings you want.

The GoPro quik app is irrelevant since the GoPro Player app works fine if i use it as a viewer. my issue is why did the gorpo fusion level the horizon but the Max doesnt? I share my 360s with family using google photos becuase they have integrated 360 viewing but the horizon is crooked and they dont share well.

Any thoughts?