Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

GoPro Max image horizon levelling and world locking not working with GoPro Player on MacOS

[ New ]

Hi!

Original topic: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/GoPro-Player-1-3-0-broke-360-image-batch-expor...

It's been a while and I haven't received any updates nor this issue fixed and I was wondering if anything is going on?

In short these features were working before version 1.3.0 for the GoPro Player on MacOS. After the update there has been a big issues when trying to horizon level a 360° image (and world lock with timelapse photos) and these are important for my workflow. The issue is pretty weird and only applies to photos, not videos, but from my small experimenting the program seems to flip the levelling to the other side. For example let's say my camera is tilted 10° to the left. When I open the image in GoPro Player the image is tilted 10° to the right. This is just what I've found from trying to see what's wrong. In the Windows version of GoPro Player the images level correctly, sadly you cannot export the images there yet. The world lock when shooting photo timelapse and using batch exporter is also messed up, and I have not found any reasonable cause for that.

As I mentioned earlier these features are really important for my workflow and as I cannot downgrade the app (because of App Store) I'm still stuck with this problem.

Thanks in advance 

Alex

GoPro

Re: GoPro Max image horizon levelling and world locking not working with GoPro Player on MacOS

[ New ]

Hello, @greenexper2452. A new version (v1.3.1) of the Player has since been released. Do you still observe the same issue with the latest version of the Player?

Hiker

Re: GoPro Max image horizon levelling and world locking not working with GoPro Player on MacOS

[ New ]

Hi, @mariustanya. I did not see any difference with v1.3.1. The same issues continue still.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @greenexper2452

The best path forward is to reach out to Support.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej