Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Max has no editing software for Windows

Good on you. I also didn't want to scam so tired to find a solution. My new and good quality Android phone wouldn't do it. My normally adequate iPad wouldn't. I ended up buying a£500 iPad, essentially just to process videos. The alternatives go pro suggest are clumsy and give poor quality results. I wish I'd waited a few weeks and bought the new insta.
Highlighted
Hiker

Its going to be the end of my relationship with GoPro too.
I'm going to sell my MAX to an Apple user or inform of the lack of software for Windows when selling it.
Im going to buy the insta 360.
It cant dissapoint me after this GoPro incident.
Hopefully other potential GoPro MAX buyers are going to check this forum before buying a GoPro MAX.
Thats one thing I learned from this. In love with a product? Check the supportforum for the product before buying...
Shame on you GoPro!
Highlighted
Tourist

I have a Galaxy phone so I started to play around with their editing software. It's actually decent and easy to use so I'm no longer regretting getting the Max anymore however, it's still insanely ridiculous it's not windows supported.

Here's my skydiving video 
https://youtu.be/fdg7VLX7sPM

Highlighted
Tourist

This is my solution, even though it involves a pretty steep learning curve, considering what is offered for Apple/GoPro customers (Gopple?).

I went to udemy.com and enrolled in a Davinci Resolve course – which I will not regret, regardless of which camera I end up using.

I found the free plugin for Davinci Resolve, which is no longer kept up to date. While you have some easy control, I don’t like the idea of getting too hung up on a piece of software, that may or may not “stay alive”.

Therefor I went and bought a licensed version of Davinci Resolve ($299), which gives access to Fusion. Then I followed this guide to get me going:

https://www.bilsub.com/english-russian/Reframing-GoPro-Max-360-Video-Davinci-Resolve-16-2019-vd-2121...

The guide is really good, although you have to stop and rewind every now and then, to figure out where the mouse pointer is at, and where the clicks are going.

I still find it very disappointing that GoPro went this way with their product support.

Highlighted
Hiker

There are various good and alternative / available ways to perform the reframing in Windows.

I have tried Davinci Resolve (free version with plug in), the Insta360 studio (which is also free to use) and I personally love to use Magix Video.

With Magix I can create great videos from the GoPro Max and can perform reframe, tiny planets etc. Next i can combine the end result by also adding photos, transitions, color corrections, effects etc.

As I am rendering towards 1080P and watch the end result on my 65inch TV, I am very pleased and happy with my GoPro Max.

regards,