02-02-2020 03:57 AM
I have a Max and a Windows PC.
You can download the Insta360 Studio software for free. It will allow you to reframe your max footage.
02-16-2020 07:07 AM
Please explain how you do it. I tried it but Insta360 Studio 2019 doesn't support GOPRO 360 format. There is possible to convert movie to mp4 using GoPro Max Exporter but only to 4K resolution (not native GoPro MAX 5,6 K possible) and then reframe in Insta360. Did you mean this solution?
2 weeks ago
Keep calm :) Like you, I am dissatisfied with this situation but it is not without a solution. There is a few options to work on Windows with GoPro Max 360 files:
1. Paid software from Adobe (Premiere Pro) with GoPro plugin (for me too expensive solution)
2. Free software DaVinci Resolve (for me too high hardware requirements - it is impossible to work on my computer)
3. Free software from Insta360. It works for me.
Look at my results here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqjNoVGZYK8zgbRhOysDFuA
But first you have to convert files from camera using GoPro Max Exporter (it works). In case of using Adobe or Resolve you can convert using max resolution 5,6K, but for Insta360 you have to convert using only 4K.
A bit complicated workflow is:
1. Converting files using MaxExporter to 360 flat movie 4K (mp4)
2. Reframing file by file using Insta360 software
3. Creating one movie from a few files from step 2 in LightWorks (in this step you can use any software for editing video you like)
4. Waiting for new software from GoPro - I still hope it will be released for Windows :)
2 weeks ago
As mentioned already by myself in other responses, you can also use the Magix video software.
You don't need to purchase the Pro version. And with this software I have been working for years now.
You can edit, create videos from regular 2D, photos, 360 video, reframing 360, and also create tiny planets.
Again for those who want to create great videos this is easy and not complicated and run's in Windows PC.
And the quality is quit okay since I don't publish in youtube, but create vacation movies etc and watch them on my 65inch TV.