Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Max has no editing software for Windows

I bought the GoPro Max, thinking wow what a wonderful idea it has just released got some spare cash. I buy the camera and then after 7 days of not arriving I send a message and get told my shipping address had an issue from day 1. I was never informed, already off to a horrible start GoPro. Then now I make a heap of footage I want to edit and oh wow, to my surpise you released the product without providing the software to run it on Windows. IT IS THE MOST USED OS BY THE WORLD WHY IS THERE NO SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS BUT THERE IS FOR MAC. GoPro, more like just Go because you definitaly aren't Pro...

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Max has no editing software for Windows

I agree this was a really bad move on GoPro's part. Most consumers will be suprised and shocked to find they cannot edit their videos on their PC using the free GoPro editing software. GoPro will claim that they can using their mobile device (if in fact their mobile device can handle the files) but still...

I think it would have been wise to release the MAX when their software was ready to go. So far no Windows version of Player and the exporter for windows do not include the HEVC or H.264 codecs only Cineform. 

Basically if you do not have Adobe Premeir or After Effects you're SOL on the PC.

Just one other thing to keep in mind. The GoPro Player desktop for the mac OS is still limited. You can only export at a max resolution of 1080p. Why this is is unknown and baffles me. So even if they released a Windows compatible GoPro Player app you still would run into the issue of not being able to export to a higher resolution like 2.7k or 4k.

This means that when you upload to any social media platform your video is going to look very very pixelated.

Highlighted
Explorer

Have you tried DaVinci Resolve (free) with the reframe360 plugin (free)?
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/
http://reframe360.com/
Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15 Does this plug-in work for you? I installed it last week and it doesn't load the footage properly and crashes a lot. I tried restarting windows and uninstalling the plug-in and reinstalling. Still had no luck to edit the video with the Reframe plug-in.

I'm also using Davinci Resolve ver. 16

Highlighted
Explorer

Yes, I haven't had any issues. It's not as good as the Premiere Pro plugins, but I use it frequently in Davinci Resolve 16
Highlighted
Tourist

Can it do overcapture though? I use davinci all the time.

Highlighted
Explorer

Highlighted
Tourist

Shocking they still aren't properly supporting the max with a windows app. I love the camera, but thinking of chopping it in for the new insta one R. If they even told us when it'll arrive it'd help.