Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Max has no editing software for Windows

Sounds good, I signed up for the beta programme some time ago, I hear nothing back from GoPro.

I have the time to test and weirdly enough, software testing is part of my work, but not a peep from GoPro

Highlighted
Hiker

Reframe 360, do you have a guide? Which file from github and how do you include it as a resolve plugin? 

Helping a friend who has ust got a max. 

Phone to small, android pad wont save to sd card, no pc software yet. All a bit of a shambles :-) 

Thanks

Highlighted
Nomad

This just in for beta testers:

GoPro Player Beta 2.0 with 3k 60/50 fps support

Export (Beta 2):  Ability to export 360 MAX videos into industry standard projections, resolution and codecs. For example, you can export to equirectangular at 5.6k, 4k, etc. and choose codecs like HEVC, Cineform, and H.264.  (CURRENT)

So Playback and export is now possible...still to come REFRAME

Highlighted
Tourist

I bought a gopro max in December and I can't edit my movies on windows PC.
They have software for Mac, Android and they don't have for Windows.
we are all still waiting, for when the player software for windows, we want to edit on our computer

Highlighted
GoPro

@maos84, our team is in very active development of the GoPro Player for Windows. If you haven't yet, sign up to be part of the Beta testing group so you can participate in the testing and have access to the latest build/version of the Player. To start, please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/fJgfm982PUPbn23D7

Please note that there will be no automatic response. The form just puts you on the list of those who will receive the email when the update is sent out.

Highlighted
Hiker

https://www.insta360.com/download/insta360-oner

I have a Max and a Windows PC.

You can download the 'Insta360 Studio 2020' software for free. It will allow you to reframe your max footage.

(this is a repeat of my earlier post to this same thread)

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the advice. I have the Fusion and I've had a lot of success using it with Adobe, but I can't justify the £20 per month sub to Adobe when I'm not using the camera that often. I'm going to check out Insta360 based on your advice. Much appreciated!

Tom  

Highlighted
Explorer

I do all of my reframing on my Android LG v30 and then just transfer the files to my computer where I use DaVinci Resolve to make videos. I did comparison test against reframing the 5.6K Cineform files on my PC and the reframed videos from my phone with the GoPro app looked just as good (if not sometimes better).