Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Max has no editing software for Windows

If you registered as a beta tester, Beta 2 - the exporter version - has been released....export to equirectangular at 5.6k, 4k, etc. and choose codecs like HEVC, Cineform, and H.264

Highlighted
Tourist

Attention, don't buy gopro max because you don't have software to edit on windows. Gopro only wants to sell, it doesn't care about its users. It's been 8 months since its launch and they don't want to know. you buy gopro max and can only edit on Mac or Smartphone. VERY BAD

Highlighted
Explorer

Actually, the Windows software is in Beta and plenty of people who follow GoPro are testing and using the software. Additionally, there are several options currently that allow for reframing and editing Max footage on a Windows device. However, that being said, the GoPro mobile app is very good, gives great results, and is getting updated almost bi-weekly.

YOU might not be happy with the current options, and YOU might not want to wait, but having tried several of the newer 360 camera alternatives, I for one am very happy with MAX and feel it's the best option.

However, I'm not going to tell YOU what to do, just as YOU don't need to be trying to tell others what to do.

If you want to try alternatives, by all means, do so. Try the Insta360 with the floating red orb showing up in all your shots and the inferior audio and picture quality. Maybe it will make you happy. They even have a clunky version where you have to carry around extra lens to get scratched and lost.
Highlighted
Explorer

On the Beta 2 you can also opt to have more features unlocked, but since they are still in testing, they might not always optimally work on your machine. PM Daryl for more info on Facebook.
Highlighted
Tourist

I started to use the Android app and it's ok. Took me a bit to understand but once I got it, it allowed me to do very basic things which is enough for what I need to do.
For a multi-billion-dollar company, you would think that within a few weeks they would have something for Windows. So rediculous.

Highlighted
Explorer

Ok, so once again a little clarity is needed. GoPro is a worldwide brand and is the leader in both quality and sales in the action camera market; however, they have less than one thousand employees and have only recently showed a profit in a few business quarters. The founder and CEO of GoPro receives $1.00 annually as his paycheck. The engineers that work on GoPro software are a small group of highly skilled and dedicated people. You can complain all you want, fine, but leave out the hyperbole exaggerations of them being some multi-billion-dollar company. It's not even close to being there truth.
Highlighted
Tourist

https://investor.gopro.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/GoPro-Announces-Fourth-Quarter-...

GoPro Company: "2019 Revenue of $1.195 Billion Up 4% Year-over-Year".

That's all folks.

Highlighted
Explorer

@fotow44
Just because you can't read a financial report, it doesn't necessitate you exhibiting your ignorance in this forum. If you could, you would have realized GoPro actually lost millions of dollars for the year 2019.