Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Max Exporter Crashing

Just got my GoPro Max camera and doing some testing. Attempted to export with the GoPro Max Exporter software as soon as I drag the media (or open and browse to the file) into the Exporter it spins like it is thinking and it just crashes.

I attempted this on another machine too and it does the same thing.

Just to make sure it wasn't a codec deal I switched between the H264 + HVEC or the HVEC only settings and it didn't make any difference.

Was having issues finding any sort of log files to try and troubleshoot the reason for the crashes.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Max Exporter Crashing

Upon finding the update button for the Application in the store I now get a prompt saying the HEVC Decoder Missing and it directed me to the store to download it. I'm now no longer having an issue.

View solution in original post

2019-12-05 15_26_59-GoPro MAX Exporter.png

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Just for some more information I'm running version 1.9.2.0 of the GoPro MAX Exporter.

Highlighted
Nomad

copy'd from a other topic. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer/9n4wgh0z6vhq?active... the max saves 360 content is HEVC , if your gfx card is not able to do HEVC the exporter will crash.
Highlighted
Hiker

I have a GTX 1080 Ti.

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

According to nVidia's Support Matrix it supports HEVC.

Highlighted
Hiker

Upon finding the update button for the Application in the store I now get a prompt saying the HEVC Decoder Missing and it directed me to the store to download it. I'm now no longer having an issue.

2019-12-05 15_26_59-GoPro MAX Exporter.png
Highlighted
Nomad

grats ! have fun exporting and converting !