Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Max Cache Filled Computer Drive

[ New ]

I use a PC and use GoPro Max Exporter to import 360 files. This process requires me to import the file into GoPro Max Exporter and then start an export to a destination folder.

I have selected a destination folder on a seperate external hard drive. The files do correctly export there. However, when I import files into GoPro Max Exporter it creates a cache of these large videos somewhere on my internal computer. I now have no memory left on my comptuer.

Can some one help me find the cache of videos so I can manually delete them? Thanks for oyur help

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max Cache Filled Computer Drive

[ New ]

Hello, @zippyhero7545 and @shanelejts. We checked with the team and we got word that this is a known bug associated with using the Windows MTP transfer. This could be avoided by copying the files first to the hard drive. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @shanelejts. When opening the GoPro MAX Exporter, there appears to be a default file path for Destination. Try this: C:\Users\your user name\Videos. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey there, 

thank you for the quick reply. I thought of this and looked there (and just looked again now). This folder is empty. Even when viewing hidden items there is nothing in the folder. The folder is 0 KB. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Nomad

[ New ]

I don't recognize the 'cache' files as I searched in my windows file explorer for large files.

Maybe try do the the same search in your explorer. Maybe you find some other large hidden files from other software programs?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi shanelejts!

i confirm the problem!

i have the same problem on my computer.

after an hour of search on my hdd i found this cache...:

C:\Users\YOURCOMPUTERUSER\AppData\Local\Packages\GoPro.GoProMAXExporter_1h9vz9xjm6b8c\LocalCache\Roaming\GoPro MAX Exporter\Imported

i have 40gb of video in this.

GOPROSTAFF:
this app have a log? if yes, where?
where can i send you the log?
if this can help...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @zippyhero7545 and @shanelejts. We checked with the team and we got word that this is a known bug associated with using the Windows MTP transfer. This could be avoided by copying the files first to the hard drive.