Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro MOV Files

I converted a bunch of raw footage files to .MOV using GoPro Studio back in Sept/October.  I was planning on doubling back to edit the clips and create my project now, but realized GoPro Studio is now discontinued.  The .MOV files are not compatibile with QUIK.  Is there a recommended solution for this transition?  I would be super disappointed to lose my footage because of a software transition.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro MOV Files

We don't have a recommended converter, but there are several online that appear to work fine. Any time you convert, you could lose some data, but in my experience, typically it's not an issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

If you already have Studio on your computer, you can continue to use it. If you'd like to convert the MOV files to MP4s, there are online tools and editing programs that can convert them.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Jeff,

I think when I updated to MAC OS Catalina it wiped it off my computer without my even noticing.

Do you have a recommended converter?  Am I going to sacrifice anything by converting again?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

We don't have a recommended converter, but there are several online that appear to work fine. Any time you convert, you could lose some data, but in my experience, typically it's not an issue.