Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro Community Manager

GoPro MAX Exporter and GoPro Player Now Available

[ New ]

You can download the latest version of our new software...

GoPro MAX Exporter: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Max-Exporter

GoPro Player: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Player

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: GoPro MAX Exporter and GoPro Player Now Available

[ New ]

MAX Exporter works - it takes the .360 clips from the MAX and creates a high bit-rate Cineform equirectangualr video that can be uploaded right to Youtube or imported into another editing program.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

Where's the option to expert as .mp4 files? Anything I've tried to import gets turned into .mov files

Nomad

[ New ]

What is new? The Exporter is the same one I installed a week ago, and it still has the bug of not being able to exportt in anything but Cineform.

And there is still no Windows version of the "player," which importnatly permits the production of reflow videos from the .360 clips.

Tourist

[ New ]

Can't open the .360 file in the new GoPro Max Exporter. Does anyone also encountered the same issue. 

360 error.png
Nomad

[ New ]
Really! That picture is not the Exporter. The Exporter works. Download it. I made this video using it: https://youtu.be/aEjoP8nhhok
Tourist

[ New ]

Sorry i thought this is the exporter i have 2 gopro app in my PC quik an gopro VR. Will download now the exporter. thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

Salve adriannem0, facci sapere come è andata. Ho molti dubbi se acquistare Max. Non ho molta fiducia sulle app dedicate. Gopro app desktop Windows ha tanti problemi. Max Exporter come và? Grazie.

Tourist

[ New ]

Where is the Linux version? How can we view the Gopro Max VR videos in Linux host? Thanks!

Nomad

[ New ]

MAX Exporter works - it takes the .360 clips from the MAX and creates a high bit-rate Cineform equirectangualr video that can be uploaded right to Youtube or imported into another editing program.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @nicewave25336. Good to know that you have already been able to explore the desktop apps for MAX. Enjoy using your GoPro!

Hiker

Betreff: GoPro MAX Exporter and GoPro Player Now Available

[ New ]

Der Exporter funktioniert bei mir einwandfrei. Bearbeite die mov Datei dann in Premiere 2020 mit dem 

Plugin.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2AVZNkPgu0&t=101s

Dieses Tutorial ist exellent. Man kann Punkt für Punkt übernehmen

This is a walkthrough of the new plug-in for reframing 360 content: GoPro FX Reframe for Adobe Premiere & After Effects. Skip ahead to a specific part below:...
Hiker

[ New ]

It only works if you have Premier! I use Vegas Pro - can't import the exported cineform .mov file into that!

We need the mp4 export fixing and more importantly the GoPro Player for Windows! Terrible customer support when you spend this much on a camera and can't use the footage from it!

I've had to borrow a MacBook off a friend!!! Can't keep that too long. Pull your fingers out GoPro!!! Let us know when we can expect Windows software?

Hiker

[ New ]
I agree with the above. The Max was not ready for release.
Hiker

[ New ]

Ho riscontrato il tuo stesso problema, in pratica il player vr 3.0.5 non funziona (oppure sbaglio qualcosa io,boh).

Tourist

[ New ]

E' veramente inaccettabile! Ho dovuto rinunciare all'acquisto di Max. Si naviga nell'incertezza con GoPro per noi che abbiamo Windows e Android. Acquisterò Hero 8 anche se per l'allineamento dell'orizzonte è necessario passare per l'app GoPro (non specificato quale nella publicità). E' una vera delusione!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

Updates for Max Exporter and GoPro Player has been released.

Please make sure you are on the latest version.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
When posting something like this, can you specify that the Player is still only for Mac, so as not to get up the Hope's of Windows users?
Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006mi scusi ma il link conduce al player del 28 maggio 2019, sicuri di aver aggiornato il GoPro player per windows???

GoPro VR Player is a great option for viewing 360 video and photos while we continue to develop GoPro Player on Windows. 

Dopo 45 giorni dall'acquisto di gopro max non c'è un software di reframe per windows di gopro.

GoPro Export funziona meglio, posso esportare in h.264 a 4K (chissà perché non a 5.6K) e elaborare i video (quello che fa GoPro Player su Apple) con il programma Insta360 studio 2019.

Tourist

[ New ]

bravepeak4403 you are the best :D so GOPRO we don't need ur Gopro player for windows since we have Insta 360 studio to edit. Thanks, GoPro for the software for windows

Hiker

[ New ]

Der Exporter ist noch genau derselbe: Warum wird hier gesagt es gäbe einen neuen?

Und warum gibt es keinen Link wo es diesen neuen wundersamen Exporter gibt? Da läßt man die Kunden erstmal suchen.

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/p/gopro-max-exporter/9plk8dps5t8c?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

da hat sich nichts geändet, seht selbst

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @harrystaab6. The app information cannot be seen directly on the GoPro MAX Exporter. To determine the app information, go to the program files on your computer (add or remove programs), search for GoPro MAX exporter, select Advanced Options. You will then see the details displayed. 

Hiker

[ New ]

ok, I got it - many thanks

Sightseer

[ New ]
my laptop controlled by company that not allow download gopro max exporter software in microsoft store. there is any individual download full package software link?
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]
Hiker

[ New ]

Quando uscirà il vr player per windows ?

Hiker

[ New ]

Un programma simile al gopro vr player Apple da usare su windows è questo:

https://www.insta360.com/download/insta360-onex

Buon anno :)

Sightseer

[ New ]

My workflow version 1 - Under Windows 10. If you know a better solution or better options let me know !

1- Copy the rushes from the cam to the PC:

Take the µSD out of the cam, insert it into the PC (direct connection via USB-C does not work)

Copy and Paste

2- Convert the raw 360 files into usable files:

Launch "GoPro Max export"

Select 360 files Choose H264 and 4k format (other formats + quality are not recognized by the following software)

3- Create the sequence:

Launch the "Insta360 Studio" software (tutorial here: https://www.insta360.com/support/supportcourse?post_id=11139)

Import the sequence

Choose your points of view by placing the keyframes and using the mouse by changing the point of view.

The app makes the transitions between keyframes

Cut unnecessary areas with [ and ]

Export Format 16: 9 of the sequence (I did not manage to mount the bitrate above 18Mbps)

4- Edit the film:

In Adobe Premiere Import sequences

Titrate, transition, etc ...

Add Audio

Export Film by checking "Match sequences"

5- Watch the film:

Any video playback software from the sequence files (end of step 3)

VLC is able of viewing and letting point of view control (with the mouse) of the videos at the end of stage 2

in french :

Version 1 - Sous Windows 10

1- Copier les rush du la cam sur le PC :
Sortir la µSD de la cam, l'insérer dans le PC (le branchement direct via USB-C ne fonctionne pas)
Copier/coller

2- Convertir les fichiers brut 360 en fichiers utilisables :
Lancer "GoPro Max exporter"
Sélectionner les fichiers 360
Choisir le format H264 et 4k (les autres formats + qualitatif ne sont pas reconnu par le soft suivant)

3- Créer la séquence :
Lancer le logiciel "Insta360 Studio" (tuto ici :  https://www.insta360.com/support/supportcourse?post_id=11139)
Importer la séquence
Choisir ses points de vu en plaçant les keyframes et avec la souris en modifiant le point de vu. Le soft fait les transitions entre les keyframes
Couper les zones inutiles avec [ et ]
Export Format 16:9 de la séquence (j'ai pas réussi à monter les bitrate au dessus de 18Mbps)

4- Monter le film :
Dans Adobe Première
Importer les séquences
Titrer
Audio
Export Film en cochant "Faire correspondre les séquences"

5- Regarder le film :
N'importe quel logiciel de lecture video à partir des fichiers de séquences (fin d'étape 3)
VLC est capable de visualiser et de laisser le contrôle du point de vu (à la souris) des vidéos de fin de l'étape 2
Tourist

[ New ]

And what's the problem? 

I also can't download! My microsoft account still remains closed, a new start is impossible. What do I do with .360 files???

Sightseer

[ New ]

Когда наконец выйдет GoPro PLAYER для Windows? На экране айфона невозможно нормально и качественно редактировать 360 видео.

Tourist

[ New ]

The problem with the Microsoft account has been resolved, but I still can’t use your application! Microsoft requires Windows 10 version 17134.0 or later, but my corporate version cannot be updated at this time. From the options available only the purchase of the new edition of Windows!

Quick not working, we need to change all regional settings, so it does not logout. For the exporter it is necessary to find somewhere Store to change most of the key system settings, spend a few hours at a time to... buy a new Windows? Why are you forcing me and several others to become active hater of your products??? 

What do I do with .360 files???

Hiker

[ New ]

@adeptpeak0328While Go Pro support for Windows is still less than it should be - your problem is not a Go Pro software one. It is the fact you are using hardware owned and controlled by some one else. Your employer obviously does not want you installing and running (non-work related) software. Seems a bit harsh to rail against Go Pro for this?

The solution is buy your own hardware that you can do what you want with!!! Sorry but that's the truth of it.

Tourist

[ New ]

@adeptpeak0328While Go Pro support for Windows is still less than it should be - your problem is not a Go Pro software one.

Is the problem with GoPro that, because of their chosen means of hosting their software, is it inaccessible to users?

@adeptpeak0328 It is the fact you are using hardware owned and controlled by some one else. Your employer obviously does not want you installing and running (non-work related) software. Seems a bit harsh to rail against Go Pro for this?

The fact is that you have no idea what you're talking about! Understand Windows editions and look at the terms of the LTSB and LTSC assemblies. I am a private user!

The solution is buy your own hardware that you can do what you want with!!! Sorry but that's the truth of it.

Especially for those who are especially interested, I do what I want with my hardware, namely: turn off UAC, turn off the firewall, turn off update service ... did you get the hint? 

A question for the authorized representative: WHY DID YOU FORCE ME TO ENTER INTO A RELATIONSHIP WITH THIRD PARTY (MICROSOFT) BLOCKING DIRECT ACCESS TO a SOFTWARE PRODUCT WHICH IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE HARDWARE PRODUCT???

Hiker

[ New ]

You never stated you were using LTSB so that's why I made the assumption. Microsoft are actively discouraging the use of this now and it has never been aimed at private users so it is understandable Go Pro would not target it.

Do you have a problem with running the mobile app too as you do not want to be "Forced" into a relationship with Apple or Google in order to install those apps on your device?

Tourist

[ New ]

@graypeak42624 wrote:

Do you have a problem with running the mobile app too as you do not want to be "Forced" into a relationship with Apple or Google in order to install those apps on your device?

Is all the problems from my "I do not want"?
And should I really want to: buy a new phone, buy an SD card is worse than it is, but from the list of supported ones, turn off 2.4 and 5 wi-fi so that the application does not break the connection... and many, many small problems, so what? 

"Currently saving to 360 phone is not supported by the application" - brilliant!!!