Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Importer not working

Well none of the suggestions in this post have worked for me.  At one point I could see the camera icon, but not any longer.  There is nothing that shows GoPro in any location I can search when it is connected via USB.  I don't have USB 2.0 so maybe I am out of luck.  Don't know why this can't be compatible though.

Anonymous

For me what works is to disconnect the camera 3x times from the USB Port: (USB 3.0 by the way)

First time the GoPro Desktop (for Windows 7) starts automaticaly and it says: "no new files to import";

Second time: GoPro Desktop says: "initializing import" (and it does nothing, just freezes in that step!)

Third time: GoPro Desktop starts the import process flawless!!! 

Why this happens?! I have no idea(!?)

Hope this helps someone

GoPro

Interesting. It shouldn't take three times, though. I'd check your cable connection and try on other computers to see if it's the camera, cable, or computer/software. 

@Anonymous, did it used to work on a different computer or this same one? Have you tried reformatting the SD card and resetting the computer? Or perhaps another cable? 

Anonymous

transport unsupported :(

GoPro

Hi @ceeyawear, 

Do you mean to say that you're having trouble getting the files transferred to the computer? Make sure to download the new Quik | Desktop App

Then plug in your camera and turn it on. Does it work now to transfer the files?

Anonymous

What worked for me With Hero5Session on Windows 10 was uninstall the Quick app , then reinstall the Quick app (with studio included)

No further issues there , Hope yours is fixed by now (it was working on my i5 Laptop , just not on my i7 Desktop)

Tourist

I tryed reinstalling the quik desktop application and it it still saying files could not be imported.

they are showing up in the gopro, as well as my phone capture app. This sucks because i need to use it saturday. 

GoPro

@epicdusk608

Did you get it sorted? Have you tried plugging the SD card directly into your computer with the SD adapter that came with it? Then you could try importing with Quik again. After doing this, you can reformat the card in the computer and try to see if it will work importing via the camera and cable again.