Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

GoPro Hero+LCD not Connecting

[ New ]

i downloaded the quik app for my Windows and when i try to set up the gorpo to connect via USB the GoPro doesnt go into USB mode so that i can transfer my files. All connections are great, GoPro does show signs that its charging and connected because the red LED indicator turns on. The GoPro is also on while being connected and its Wi-Fi feature is off. what else can i do to try and connect my GoPro Hero+LCD so that i can transfer files????

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Hero+LCD not Connecting

[ New ]

One thing to make sure you're doing is to keep the camera off until it is plugged into the cable connected to the computer. Once it's connected, then power on the camera and it should be recognized.

If that doesn't work, you can still import your content directly from the SD card using an SD card adapter. Info on how to do this is at https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Import-Using-Quik-for-desktop.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

Exactly the same challenge for me with the same camera.  I tried a USB port reset suggested by support chat but no luck.  Any help appreciated!

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

One thing to make sure you're doing is to keep the camera off until it is plugged into the cable connected to the computer. Once it's connected, then power on the camera and it should be recognized.

If that doesn't work, you can still import your content directly from the SD card using an SD card adapter. Info on how to do this is at https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Import-Using-Quik-for-desktop.