Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 8 not showing GPS and telemetry data in Quik

GoPro 8 not showing GPS and telemetry data even though the GPS has been switched on. Have tried it at multiple outdoor locations. When video footage is downloaded using Quik, no telemetry data is being downlo

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 not showing GPS and telemetry data in Quik

Hi @brilliantspeed

We have received reports regarding GPS on Quik for desktop.
This has been reported to the team and they are working on it.
In the mean time, you may use the GoPro app or Quik for mobile to overlay telemetry.
Other users also suggest RaceRender or Dashware.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @brilliantspeed

We have received reports regarding GPS on Quik for desktop.
This has been reported to the team and they are working on it.
In the mean time, you may use the GoPro app or Quik for mobile to overlay telemetry.
Other users also suggest RaceRender or Dashware.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

It's a known issue in Quik, not your camera. You can find more info on the GPS issues here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization-GPS/GoPro-GPS-not-working-Performance-st...

And if you want a fix now, I created this tool: 

I hope this helps

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks. In that case, it looks like I should cancel the RMA and keep the camer? I'm looking forward to a quick software update on the GoPro Desktop App. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks. I did buy your quick fix and now i am able to see the telemetry data in my desktop app...I just followed your good video tutorial. However, when I tried to upload the new video file with the telemetry to GoPro Plus, it took forever and then just froze up. I tried it twice with same result. Any particular reason why the footage with your fix should take longer (or not upload at all) to GoPro Plus storage?

Highlighted
Tourist

Irgendwie werde ich das Gefühl nicht los, dass Gopro hier seine Kunden total verarschen will. Es kann ja nicht sein, dass man sich eine sauteure Kamera kauft und dann selbst herumbasteln muss, dass man die Funktionen zum laufen bekommt. Das ist reine Kundenabzocke. Dann vielleicht das nächste mal doch wieder DJI. Due haben zumindest einen zufriedenstellenden Kundensupport.

Highlighted
Nomad

@brilliantspeed It might be that GoPro Plus checks the authenticity of the file before saving it. I might be able to solve that too at some point, but it's hard to find the time. You can send me an email if you want to discuss more details or test an early solution.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Ich habe eine GoPro Black 6 und habe das gleiche Problem.

Auf der mobilen Quik App wird die Geschwindigkeit richtig angezeigt.

Auf der Desktop Quik App sehe ich gar nichts.

Dashware zeigt gar nichts an.

RaceRender funktioniert am Besten. Die Geschwindigkeit stimmt nicht ganz, aber immerhin ist was da.

60 USD für die Vollversion sind mir aber zu viel, da die Quik App eigentlich funktionieren sollte. Verstehe nicht, dass GoPro das nicht hinkriegt.