Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 7 Telemetry Data Not Showing Up in Quik for Mac

I recently recorded some video with my hero 7 black, I am sure that GPS was on when recording, and I am able to add telemetry gauges in the Quik mobile app for iphone, however when I attempt to add gauges in Quik for mac, it tells me that gauges are only available for videos recorded with GPS turned on, and then tells me how to turn GPS on. This is very annoying as my phone does not have sufficient memory to import my gopro videos, and therefore I cannot add gauges to my videos. Please help me resolve this issue. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Telemetry Data Not Showing Up in Quik for Mac

Hi @cmerkle

We have received reports regarding GPS on Quik for desktop.
This has been reported to the team and they are working on it.
In the mean time, you may use Quik fro mobile to overlay telemtry.
Other users also suggest RaceRender or Dashware.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @cmerkle

We have received reports regarding GPS on Quik for desktop.
This has been reported to the team and they are working on it.
In the mean time, you may use Quik fro mobile to overlay telemtry.
Other users also suggest RaceRender or Dashware.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having this issue as well with my Hero 8 Black on a computer running Windows 10 and up to date software. I am certain my camera was collecting the telemetry data and really want to put it in my videos. Was this issue ever resolved?

Highlighted
Tourist

Bonjour,

Il existe visiblement une solution pour la GOPRO HERO 8 mais je trouve incroyablement dommage que GOPRO puisse vendre une caméra avec une fonction qui ne marche pas avec leur logiciel, quand est-ce que GOPRO apportera une solution???

Voici celle trouvée en attendant (j'ignore si elle fonctionne, je n'ai pas testé):

https://youtu.be/klSwlsFjytE

https://youtu.be/--7pe3l7MPU

Currently now the latest firmware version for GoPro Hero 8 is 1.50 (Dec 2019). But, i have problem with this version. It made me unable to use telemetry data...
This tutorial only working with GoPro Hero 8 Black with Firmware V1.20 only. If you using Firmware V1.50, you need to downgrade it. Manually Downgrade Firmwa...
Highlighted
Nomad

Yes, you can downgrade the camera to an older firmware and change the Quik config files. The underlying problem is that the Hero8 GPS data is not compatible with Quik for Windows or macOS. You can find some alternatives here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization-GPS/GoPro-GPS-not-working-Performance-st...

Or you can modify your files with this tool to make them compatible: https://youtu.be/nY4LfVFViT0
Highlighted
Hiker

@cmerkle wrote:

I recently recorded some video with my hero 7 black, I am sure that GPS was on when recording, and I am able to add telemetry gauges in the Quik mobile app for iphone, however when I attempt to add gauges in Quik for mac, it tells me that gauges are only available for videos recorded with GPS turned on, and then tells me how to turn GPS on. This is very annoying as my phone does not have sufficient memory to import my gopro videos, and therefore I cannot add gauges to my videos. Please help me resolve this issue. 

You are not alone.

I've been having a nightmare since upgrading to two new GoPro Hero 8's, although I still have my GoPro Hero 7.

Quik for Mac doesn't work, so any video files have to be improted manually via USB card reader or Image Capture on Mac.

Currently on a snowboarding trip and thought we'd review the GPS data...guess what? No GPS data available!

Thought I'd made a mistake and went through each of the three cameras to ensure GPS was enabled and went out recording videos the following day, but still no GPS data available.

Sorely disappointed by GoPro as this isn't the first issue I've experienced, and not the first time that my issues have been left unresolved.

So don't hold your breath for any help from GoPro and don't feel that you'll get any special treatment if you have a GoPro Plus account because you won't (in my experience, hence why I no longer have a GoPro Plus account).

Only thing we can do is vote with our feet, and hopefully you all paid using a credit card :)

My current setup:

GoPro Quik for Mac ver 2.7.0.874

MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

GoPro Hero 7 ver 01.90

GoPro Hero 8 ver 01.50

Screenshot 2019-12-28 at 16.59.44.png
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same here...my Hero 8 does not help Quick on Mac load GPS data. 

Instead "goprotelemetryextractor.com" does work and I can see GPS map as I wanted. I really hope that GoPro fixes this issue in its own application.

- Little Tooth

Highlighted
Sightseer

Betreff: GoPro Hero 7 Telemetry Data Not Showing Up in Quik for Mac

I have the same problem, GoPro telemetry data is not showing up on GoPro quick desktop app, hopefully you the problem will be corrected soon.