Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro GPS Editing Software

[ New ]

Hi.

I am using a GoPro Hero 6 and want to add the GPS. I want the video to be more than 60 seconds long and add my own soundtrack using GoPro software. I a having trouble with 'Quick' as it limits me to 60 seconds and only gopro soundtracks. Anyway round this issue, or use an other free software suite that also has the GPS overlays?

Thanks Simon

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro GPS Editing Software

[ New ]

Hi @jcbvideos

Here are some links that may come handy:

Minimum System Requirements for Quik for Desktop
Quik for desktop Common Questions

Quik for desktop Crashes while Opening Create Mode

It takes a few minutes for the program to save your edited files. It also varies depending on the resolution of the clips.

Should you need further assistance please reach us out via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

EJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @simonc46505,

I would give Dashware a try! http://www.dashware.net

Cheers,

Ryan 

Tourist

[ New ]

@ryanv12566

Brilliant! Dashware did close to what I want. Close enough.

I just got a GoPro Hero 5 Black, took the first test videos, one while walking and wanted to get the entire 1m23s video with the dashboard. I couldn't figure out how to get the entire video as Quik seems to want to do a max of a minute. I tried Create a clip, but was not able to save one with a new name - I changed the "-1" to "-2" - and nothing showed up. I deleted the 33s clip created with editor and tried again, but it just hangs at "Saving to edits." 

I am not impressed at all with Quik.

Thanks,

John

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jcbvideos

Here are some links that may come handy:

Minimum System Requirements for Quik for Desktop
Quik for desktop Common Questions

Quik for desktop Crashes while Opening Create Mode

It takes a few minutes for the program to save your edited files. It also varies depending on the resolution of the clips.

Should you need further assistance please reach us out via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

EJ

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi @jcbvideos

Have you used Dashware much? What's your review of it? I'm new to GoPro and video editing in general so I'm looking for an easy to use (preferably) free program to use. Quik on phone is ok but desktop app is very poor.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @scone

No, I haven't used it much as I use a full video editing program (Magix Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium and Magix Video Pro X). Dashware is very limited in its features, but it's free. I do like the guages, and that is the only feature that I would use. What I was primarily after was getting the gps data into a useable GPX file. Dashware creates a csv file, which needs to be transformed before using it in other programs, or at least I didn't find a way to do it.

I found RaceRender 3 has many more guages and I can export the data to a GPX file to use in other programs to get the route on a map, like with Google Earth, or Motion Studios Vasco da Gama, or the Travel Route Animation of the Magix programs, and add in an elevation graph. However, for anything longer than 3 minutes, you have to pay.

It all depends on what you are looking for. If you just want to throw together a few video clips, put on a title, and export, Dashware or some free video editor is fine. If you want more, then you need to purchase an editor that does what you need and want.

My videos are much more complicated, including multiple titles/text, video stabilization, audio - voice and music, transitions, photos and multiple video clips, colour correction, special effects, etc., so Dashware has limited use for me.