Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

GoPro FX Reframe continual problems

[ New ]

I CAN NOT get this plugin to work on premiere 2018, 2019 or 2020.  Whenever I drop the plugin onto the file I want to edit it not only reduces the quality of the file to where it's so pixilated you can barely see it, it also puts a black box around the entire video.  IT ALSO EXPORTS THIS WAY, low quality and a giant black box around the whole video.  Fixes anyone?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro FX Reframe continual problems

[ New ]

For clarity, both of these need to be true:

1) You need to create a 1080p sequence first. You need to keep your (1080p) sequence settings when adding 360 source video the existing sequence.  Do not use 5.6K files to create a Premiere sequence.

2) Open the menu Edit->Perfernces->Media and make sure "Default Media Scaling:" is set to "None".

View solution in original post

This is a walkthrough of the new plug-in for reframing 360 content: GoPro FX Reframe for Adobe Premiere & After Effects. Skip ahead to a specific part below:...
GoPro

[ New ]

If you render to 1080p, that will not be good on a 4K sequence, of course.  So don't render to 1080p, export at 5.6K, then using FX Reframe with the 4K option in a 4K sequence.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@homer027, sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure to have the updated version of GoPro FX Reframe installed on your computer. Additionally, check out the suggestions of other Hub members in this thread to see if they will work for you.

Hiker

[ New ]
I am running the most recent version of reframe.
Hiker

[ New ]

I get exactly the same. Black bars all around a thumbnail video, at maybe 10 fps, despite all different settings tried...

WTF ???? please gopro give a detailed tutorial with all steps to get a proper image quality.

Hiker

[ New ]

hello ?????

Hiker

[ New ]

this is ridiculous ! How is it possible to have bought a supposed "so good" GOPRO camera without any support  ?  No Windows software either ! Fortunately I didn't buy Premiere just for this crappy camera, but free trial.

I'm thinking to sell it and to buy an Insta360 that provide free stuff to edit and reframe footages.

BTW i'm using now insta360 studio to reframe and edit gopro footages

i first use gopro exporter in HEVC 4k to get an mp4 file and drop it in insta360 studio.

in 5mn i finally can get a videoclip !

Shame on you gopro ! You sell a camera without any windows software to edit ! Congrats INSTA360 ! hope you will kill gopro max !

Hiker

[ New ]
I think there are a lot of people who are very disappointed in the Max - myself included. The Premiere plug in is so slow - and I have just about the fastest PC that can currently be built. That said, I too am rooting for Insta 360. I had a chance to film with the One R for a YouTuber and was impressed.
Hiker

[ New ]

Can ANYONE address this problem? By some miracle trying to edit a fusion video today the FX reframe actually worked. The next 10 videos I tried it went back to the same problem, black box around the video and terrible quality for exporting.  Can someone anyone explain whats going on here?