Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Exporter hangs....Windows 10 won't Restart!

Ugh this is frustrating....

I just got my GoPro Max and after some sucessful short tests around the house I shot video backcountry skiing yesterday.  I have 6 clips all shot in 360.  I'm an Adobe user on Windows 10.  Some of the clips export fine but some are hangning Exporter at various %ages complete.  I'm exporting to CINEFORM 5.6K.   My usage of Hardware Decode seems to have no impact on the issue.

After the hang.....Windows 10 hangs trying to restart and I have to use the power button to turn it off.  This has happened many times and *no* other apps have ever caused this type of behaviour.

HELP!?!?!?!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Exporter hangs....Windows 10 won't Restart!

Well......nevermind.   Just so happened that the HDD with the data on it was failing!   I began to be suspicious when it was taking ~30sec to delete a file from it.

The drive has been replaced and the Exporter is now working just fine.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

I have one fairly short clip (2mins 25 secs) that keeps hanging the Exporter at 89% complete.  The app becomes "(Not Responding)" per the title in the window.   Task manager shows the Exporter using about 25% of CPU resources.   The workstation has dual quad core 3.2Ghz Xeons, 32Gb RAM, GTX Titan with 6Gb.

Highlighted
Hiker

Well......nevermind.   Just so happened that the HDD with the data on it was failing!   I began to be suspicious when it was taking ~30sec to delete a file from it.

The drive has been replaced and the Exporter is now working just fine.

Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know that, @lchapman99/ Thank you for posting back to share your solution.