Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

GoPro Desktop will not accept all of my files in a transfer

[ New ]

Dear GoPro Support -

WHY does your desktop app tell me that the file types that were created BY MY GOPRO CAMERA are not of the correct file type when I try to import them via SD card to the online app? 

SERIOUSLY. 

If the file is on my GoPro camera it is a NO-BRAINER that the files should convert. These are dumb informational files that are automatically created by the GoPro Camera and I do not want to manually select a THOUSAND pictures when importing. 

Please help with this very annoying problem. 

GoPro 7 & 8 User. 

GoPro

Re: GoPro Desktop will not accept all of my files in a transfer

[ New ]

Hello, @alertcrest42502. What error message do you get? Are you selecting the .MP4 and .JPG files only? How are you importing the media files into the app? See How to Import Using Quik for desktop for further details.

If you're manually importing the contents from the SD card into the app, you might be seeing .LRV and .THM files in the GoPro folder on the SD card drive. These files are only necessary to support the Copy, Playback, and Share functionality in the latest version of the GoPro App. These formats aren't readable in the Quik for desktop software.