Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Auto Upload Error

Hi there,

I signed up for GoPro Plus to use the auto upload feature. 

To my disappointment, after the auto-upload was complete, it didn't upload all my videos. It uploaded all the short clips, but didn't touch the 1hr 42min video sitting on my GoPro (the most important one).

Can anyone tell me why this is? Is there a maximum video length for this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Auto Upload Error

Also, to clarify - I am using GoPro Hero 5 Black
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @foggywave17427m,

That is a very large file to upload to the cloud. If you are still having some trouble with that I would recommend checking out this article on how to add media to GoPro Plus. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/How-to-Add-Media-to-GoPro-Plus

One of the other options may work better for you. A few tips as well, I would make sure you have a strong WiFi connection or hardwired if possible and make sure you don't have other applications running in the background.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the response - much appreciated.

So I tried all those methods - I successfuly got all my footage onto the Quik Desktop App.

HOWEVER, the following errors still persist:

1) On my GoPro Cloud, many of my files are missing. I went through the process of uploading all my footage from the Quik Desktop App to the Cloud, and even got confirmation messages (after hours of uploading) saying that the process was complete. However, my cloud is missing many files still and there seems to be no way to get the rest of my footage up there.

2) On my mobile app (Capture), the Cloud is missing even more footage. In fact, it's missing more footage than it contains... From all the footage that made it onto the Cloud, only half of that is showing on the Capture app, meaning only a tiny fraction of my total footage is accessible via mobile.

I've seen other threads of people struggling with the Cloud service as well (either missing files on the cloud, or missing files on the app). Perhaps the GoPro Plus service is just fundamentally flawed?

Thanks in advance for any insight into this. 

I'm going to contact customer support and see if they can help. I am willing to be a lifelong loyal customer if I can get the reliability that's advertised. I'm a touring musician and purchased the Hero 5 Black, hundreds worth of accessories, and the GoPro Plus service purely for the convenience that the Cloud and Auto-Upload service would provide for ongoing content creation. I was about to purchase the GoPro Care service as well as the Karma Drone, but that's probably not happening now. Hopefully GoPro customer support can win back my brand loyalty, because I was just starting to spread the word about how convenient the GoPro Plus cloud features were for brand marketers looking for ongoing content creation. 

Hope someone in these threads can help, because I'd love to be a lifelong customer. 

Isaac

Highlighted
GoPro

Hey Isaac,

@zatb

I am sorry to hear that you are still having some trouble. I have tried with my Plus account and was not able to recreate any issues. I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly for further troubleshooting: https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi All,

This is happening to my camera and GoPro Plus account as well.  Additionally, I'm now receiving errors on my camera stating that "GoPro Plus currently unavailable" and the auto upload function and the manual upload function aren't working.

Furthermore, when I first brought the camera it would automatically upload files to my computer then delete but it does not even start up the quik app anymore and doesn't look to be recognized on my computer.

Am I doing something wrong?  Seems like quite a few issues across multiple platforms that aren't working symmetrically.  (Now going on my 26th minute on a call with GoPro tech support and still no resolution other than asking me to do a factory reset).

Any help would be great.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I was now just told from tech support that I need 3 GB free on my card to auto upload?  Is that correct?  For a 32GB card I need 10% free in order for me to auto upload?  What do I do if I travelled around the world and got footage that filled my micro sd card?

Any help would be great.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello,

I’m now having the same issue trying to upload to the cloud. It’s saying “SD Card Error must have 3gb free” am I supposed to delete things just so it can upload to the cloud? Hopefully you got some answers. Amy help would be appreciated