Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

GoPro App for windows 10 - can't download anything

[ New ]

Hello, 

I have just purchased a new gopro and subscribed to plus. But I cannot donwload the app - I am using a new (capable) windows 10 laptop. Are the gopro apps really just avaiable for apple or google devices? I do have an apple phone but really would like to do edits on laptop.

Any help or suggestions? Thank you

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro App for windows 10 - can't download anything

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Yes, the GoPro App is only for Android and iOS mobile devices. The GoPro Studio has long been discontinued and has reached its end of life. For more details, see GoPro Studio End-of-Life FAQ

The Quik for desktop app is also no longer in development. Our software team is working on a new desktop app but we do not have information or updates on it at this time. 

In addition to Quik and the mobile apps, you may explore other programs that can view and edit your GoPro footage. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm also on a Windows 10 laptop, and the "download" button for Quik doesn't work (it does nothing).

An inspection of the page detects several errors, potentially a javascript issue but I'm not that IT savvy.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm a confused new user also.

I was clicking the Download Now button for Studio for ages until I googled to find it's discontinued (why still have a download button then?)

So I'm here looking for a desktop application. There's a "QUIK FOR DESKTOP - WINDOWS" section so the application must exist; right?

Tourist

[ New ]

Here it is (I think)!

Still unsure if Studio and Quik are the same thing - but this download link works, so that's some significant progress...

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-legacy-software/ta-p/595533

Tourist

[ New ]
Sorry for the multiple replies - can't spot the "edit post" button

So I now have Quik, which I think is the dumbed down replacement for Studio. It has nice large buttons, which is nice. Doesn't seem to see all the videos in folder I've pointed it to.

I think I'll use Windows folders to backup videos and Davinci for editing.

Sorry to hijack your topic. As you were :)
Tourist

[ New ]

Thankyou for the link to the legacy Quik software.

It seems a shame that GoPro hasn't thought to support users that prefer to work from a larger device than a mobile phone.

I am still using a Hero 5, so I don't think I will upgrade to the 9 if there's no decent editing software for it.

Adobe Lightroom did the job for me, as there's some good free "presets" available online 👍🏻

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Yes, the GoPro App is only for Android and iOS mobile devices. The GoPro Studio has long been discontinued and has reached its end of life. For more details, see GoPro Studio End-of-Life FAQ

The Quik for desktop app is also no longer in development. Our software team is working on a new desktop app but we do not have information or updates on it at this time. 

In addition to Quik and the mobile apps, you may explore other programs that can view and edit your GoPro footage. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

@sunsethunter wrote:

Hello, 

I have just purchased a new gopro and subscribed to plus. But I cannot donwload the app - I am using a new (capable) windows 10 laptop. Are the gopro apps really just avaiable for apple or google devices? I do have an apple phone but really would like to do edits on laptop.

Any help or suggestions? Thank you

If you connected Hero 9 to computer you must change setting with phone app to MTP and it all works