Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro App for Windows 7 64 bit

I just purchased a Hero 7 Black. How dissappointed I was to find out that GoPro does not

offer a Video Editor for this Camera that will work with Windows 7 64 Bit.  Upon downloading

and installing it, I find that it only supports Windows 10.  Is GoPro aware that there are still

many of us out here that use Windows 7?  I have to find an aftermarket Video Editor to use

with my Hero 7 Black and hope that it will be able to correctly edit the video from my Hero.

This needs to be corrected. The old GoPro Studio was a good program and you abandoned

it and your customers when you discontinued support for it, instead of taking the time to upgrade

it for your newer camera's. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro App for Windows 7 64 bit

Hi @amigorick

Thanks for the feedback. GoPro Studio has reached its end-of-life for support. 

You may check this link for other apps/programs used in editing your files

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

There are many 3rd party video editors available for download for free, the most popular seems to be DeVinci Resolve.

Windows 10 use is currently estimated to be running on  43.6% of all personal computers and that number is increasing.  Windows 7 is estimated to be declining and on less than 36.5% of all personal computures.  It's unlikely at this stage that GoPro will invest heavily in producing a video editor for an outdated operating system on the decline that can handle less features than Windows 10. 

GoPro Studio was needed at the time due to the fact it was the only way to decompress GoPro Footage and edit it at high quality (this step is no longer needed with today's better compression and faster PC's).  GoPro Studio was also buggy as hell, prone to frequent crashes and sometimes unable to render it's own footage.  It was also overly complicated and took a long time to edit and render video and was not aimed towards the most popular current users of the camera's (ie.  people who just want to quicky edit and post to social media).  I myself use 3rd party video editing for most of my shots but I will still use GoPro Studio for producing timelapses due to the quick nature of the import.

The good news though, is that with a little searching you'll find that you can still upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free.  While the free update is no longer advertised by Microsoft it's still supported, you just need to jump through some hoops to do so.  However full instructions are given.  The advantages being that Windows 10 runs better on most older pc's than Windows 7 did and Windows 10 also supports a lot more features (that GoPro Quik takes advantage of).

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @amigorick

Thanks for the feedback. GoPro Studio has reached its end-of-life for support. 

You may check this link for other apps/programs used in editing your files

Thanks!
Ej