Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro 8 Black not shown in Quick or on Finder

[ New ]

I am trying to import videos and photos from Quick onto my MBP but it does not list the device on there. It does not even show the devices title on the app. Only Media, Recents, and Edits are shown. I could not also find the GoPro in the Finder. I did follow the provided solution of holding Shift+Ctrl+Opt+Power for 5 seconds and updated my GoPro to the latest firmware but still no avail. Can anyone please help? TIA

GoPro

Re: GoPro 8 Black not shown in Quick or on Finder

[ New ]

Hi @ericr373

Check out the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

If it's still the same, using an SD card adapter is the next option.

Also, please note that while some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to HERO8 and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8 and newer models.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for reply but this is not the answer I expected to use a SD card. I had this product for more than a year now and I can't believe GoPro hasn't yet updated the Quick software to work on the Hero 8 or 9. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @ericr373. Quik is no longer in development and has not received any more updates prior to the release of the HERO8 Black. You may explore other programs that can view and edit your GoPro footage. If you have a compatible mobile device, you may use the GoPro App to import, view, and edit your media.