Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Go pro app won't show new media

[ New ]

One other thing: It had been over a month since I last powered on the camera. Is it possible that the camera lost track of the date in that time and reset itself to Jan 1, 2016?  Even so, it's odd that it was correct in the Preferences screen unless that clock is separate from the one that timestamps the files.

GoPro

[ New ]

@peterd422, this usually happens when the camera has not been used for some time or if the battery has been removed. 2016 is the reset date of the camera. The camera's date/time gets automatically updated when it is connected to the app. The date/time was probably off when the clips were taken, then the camera settings got updated when you connected it to the app. Make sure to check on the camera's date and time before using it. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
When I try to upload my files from my gopro hero 7 silver to my phone, it connects fine but where it normally says how many of your recent files have been uploaded it will rather than stop when it has reached all my files it will keep going e.g. to '275/2' files when it should stop at 2. It does not upload the files when it does this. Please help!
Tourist

[ New ]

I have a Gopro Hero 8 and when i plug it into my Mac it doesnt show any media. It seemed to happen the same time i updated the software. I have reinstalled the Quik app and reset all my settings on the Gopro but still nothng.  Can anyone help

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello!

@klrkenny

Please check the USB Connection settings set on the camera.

Check out Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port 

Let us know how it goes.

@malufa1808

What SD card are you using?

Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App?

How about the storage on the phone?

Please try clearing the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. If that doesn't do the trick, then please reach out to GoPro customer support at gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Thanks!

Ej