Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Go pro app won't show new media

[ New ]

Just to add to this, I have just found my videos, dated in 2015.... However the date and time on the camera itself is set correctly to June 2020

Sightseer

[ New ]

For What It's Worth. I am having the same issues and I don't see a clear answer too. I can the videos on my HERO5 but I DO NOT see the same videos when I want to transfer it on my app or Quik Desktop. The video in question is recorded in 4k. I'm wondering if the resolution  is to high to transfer on app or on Quik. I honestly do not understand why I can't transfer the 4k videos on my app or on Quik. (I must add, I can transfer 720 video but not 4k.) If anyone understand what is going on please help. Thanks 

GoPro

[ New ]

@jabwoy, if the 4K videos are in HEVC format, make sure that your computer or smart device is HEVC-compatible. Check out this article for more information.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am having the same issue, new photos I take wont load onto the app to view.  I'm also using the IPhone 11X Pro.  I deleted the app and reinstalled.

Sightseer

Re: Go pro app won't show any media

[ New ]
Hi, I just connected my GoPro to the app. I get the main screen, then if want to chose Set Up Auto Upload, I get to the new updates available, when I want to update them nothing happens. If I press View Media - nothing is there. If I press control camera , it connects, It asks me again for updates (which nothing happen if I press) them if I ignore it takes me to the camera control, then it asl me to Enable Preview, when I press that it says the They will connect me with the Go-Pro wi-if to enable preview, I press and nothing happens.

Could you please help me to manage the camera by the app?

Thank you!
D1E5B2C5-D326-4F6D-9C50-B46609DE696F.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @gizsr. Are you able to view the photos in-camera? Is the issue only observed with photos? What about videos? 

Is this a recent happening? Which OS is your iPhone running on?

When the camera is paired with the app, are you able to preview the photos? Does the camera allow you to import them to the app? Do you get a confirmation of a successful import? 

If you do, see if the photos may have bee incorrectly dated and could be under a different timeline in the app. Also, which SD card are you using/ The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. 

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

GoPro

Re: Go pro app won't show any media

[ New ]

Hello, @elenaalina. Which camera model are you using? Is it already updated to the latest firmware? Which phone are you using and which OS is it running on? Were you able to successfully pair your phone and the camera through the app before?

Tourist

[ New ]

I had same problem with media shot today on my Hero 7 Black version 01.90.00.  The camera's date and time were correct at the top of the Preferences screen.  When I opened the iPhone app version 6.18.1, it told me there was new media but when I clicked the link, it said there wasn't anything new.  I had to scroll all the way to the bottom of the View Media view to find the new media under Sat. Jan 2, 2016 (the most recent file) and Fri, Jan 1, 2016 (all the others from today).  I selected the most recent file through the app and clicked the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, then "Info" from the menu -- it showed a date of Jan 2, 2016.  Doing the same thing for the other files from today showed a date of Jan 1, 2016.

Even though the camera's date and time on the Preferences screen were correct, I brought up the app's Settings section and clicked "Set Date and Time," shot a short test video, and then did View Media and found it as expected at the top with the correct date.  I checked its "Info" and saw it had the correct date.

Until this is fixed, I think I'll be doing "Set Date and Time" before each day's shooting.