Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Go pro app won't show new media

Hi @starskipl

If you haven't yet, please go over the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

You can also try this: go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable".

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Having the same issue and have followed the threads and have tried all the things. Everything is updated. GoPro shows recent vids and pics but won’t show them on GoPro app. I have an iphone11 and GoPro 7. Did I miss the “clear” solution?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @faithr01242

Were you able to check if the files were just backdated?

To help isolate this, try pairing the camera with another phone and see if the same is observed.

Also, make sure that the camera and the app are up to date.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

THE FILES NOT LOST! Just organized improperly. It happened to me yesterday too when it was working fine earlier in the week. I contacted GoPro support and they weren't able to offer a solution other than to reformat the SD card (back up your data of course). No idea if that will help yet. We did a test and it worked fine. I noticed the files were on my phone and viewable in the Quik App, but since they were dated JANUARY 2016 as others have noted, I had to scroll all the way to the beginning. The only difference with these recent recordings is they were about 1 GB file size each. I am wondering if file size or video length causes some impact. Luckily the files were there. They are just dated wrong. Hopefully a solution is discovered soon!

Highlighted
Tourist

I am thinking it is file size. I was just able to download a 350mb 360 file from the cloud. Showed up fine. A 1.8gb file it struggles with. It downloads, app crashes to the homescreen. I go into the app and only the smaller file shows up under MEDIA/APP. I got into the iPhone storage settings and it shows that the large file was downloaded.

Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro 7 Black is visible and connected via USB on Macbook, but there is no media, and apparently the SD card is 0% used.

Media is visible on the iPhone app, and is dated correctly, but media won't show up in GoPro Quik for desktop.

Is anyone at GoPro going to resolve this issue?

Hero 7 Black, Firmware 01.90.00

Macbook Pro OS Catalina 10.15.4

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 09.56.37.png
Highlighted
Sightseer

For what it's worth, i have been having this issue since Feb 2020... very annoying.

Highlighted
Sightseer

+1 for this, haven't used my camera much this year but happened to me for the first time in May, unable to view NEW media in mobile app. 

Can view media on card on Laptop. also can view previous media that was on card. 

Have footage on several dates since and still not visible on mobile app. However, one set of footage has all appeared from an early June date. 

This can't all be operator error, and the user can't be expected to constantly format cards and uninstall/ reinstall apps as work arounds to gopro's bugs.