Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Go pro app won't show new media

I am having trouble getting new media on my GoPro App. I have a Hero 7. I have troubleshooted everything, downloaded and updated software and app, checked the date accuracy, restarted a few times now. Is there anything else I can do? I think it's an issue with the GoPro. Is there any other way for me to access the media thats on the GoPro?

Highlighted
GoPro

May I know what exactly is happening? @coolstar78247

You don;t see new files at all or you don't see new downloaded files?

-Jay

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm not seeing new files that I took over the last three days. They show up on the GoPro, but the app doesn't show them. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @coolstar78247

Please try to scroll down all the way to the bottom of the Media page. 
See if the files were just back-dated.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

i’m currently having this problem with my hero 7 black as well. i just started after probably not using the camera for a few weeks. please help
i see the videos on the app they are on the camera, i watch each of them download to app, download complete, click the top of the page to view media- no new media there only older files i had there already...
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details that you provided, @seanp634. Are you getting any error message when initiating the import or download? Also, which version of the app is installed on your phone? Have you tried accessing your media using a computer - with Quik for desktop or file explorer.

In case the app allows importing of media, see if the files may just be located under a different timeline which is the case for incorrectly dated files. 

We have tested with both Android and iOS devices with recently captured media and we are able to preview, download and view them on the app. 

If you haven't yet, try manually updating your camera following the steps under Manual Update here. Make sure that the camera uses a recommended SD card. There is a list at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308 for your reference.  

Should the issue persist, please provide us information regarding the phone that you are using as well as its OS version, and the SD card brand and capacity. Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same problem.  My Hero7 shows the videos on the camera, but will not download them to the GoPro App.  This is a recent development.  Is there a work around for this problem? 

Highlighted
GoPro

@ericmeul, how are you transferring the files from the camera to the app? When the camera is connected, select "View Media" and manually download the files from there.

If they downloaded fine, but you're still unable to locate the files, try to browse through the GoPro App's media list and see if the recent media files are just dated incorrectly.