05-16-2019 09:57 AM
I have a GoPro Hero 7 Black, and I have tried both using the desktop and mobile software and new images after a date don't appear for download. When I go to import them on the desktop it imports up to a specific date.
Seems to be the same issue this person is having:
And this one:
I wasn't running the latest firmware because up until recently the mobile app for updating firmware had bugs in it.
The only real solution I can see in these threads is to get an external SD Card reader.
Your support team keeps marking these issues as solved but they aren't actually providing a solution other than "reinstall the app". Considering I'm seeing this both on desktop and on mobile it's not the damned app that's the problem. Something is corrupted on the gopro itself.
Deleting the app doesn't seem to make a difference given that this is happening both on desktop and on the android app as well.
05-16-2019 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble. You mentioned that the applications import your contents to a specific date. What date is it specifically tagging the files to? I reckon this might have something to do with the camera's date resetting at some point. Quik for desktop will then save the files by the date they were taken. Is your camera set with the correct date?
When you also said that the new images after a date don't appear for download, are you saying that the media files are showing up on your camera, but doesn't appear under Media List when connecting to GoPro App or when imported to Quik for Desktop?
Hoping to hear back from you.
08-09-2019 01:52 AM
08-09-2019 04:50 PM
@boldcave4352, I'd like to gather more details in order to better isolate the problem:
- When did you start to notice this issue?
- Browse through the GoPro App's media list and see if the recent media files are just dated incorrectly.
- If so, is your GoPro camera's date setup correctly?
- In the GoPro App's media tab, tap on the arrows icon at the top-left corner of the screen and select to sort the files by "Download Date." Are you able to see the contents you've recently downloaded?
- See if the missing media is viewable on the camera (where applicable).
- Check if media is filtered as photos only, video only, recent, etc.
- Are you looking for media just in the app, or on your phone's native photo app, or in the cloud?
- Please provide your GoPro camera's model and firmware version installed.
- What's the current GoPro App version installed?
- What's the phone model used and mobile OS version?
Hoping to hear back from you.
09-26-2019 08:28 PM
We are able to see all the photos we took today on the GoPro playback. We can still control the GoPro camera through the app so the connection is fine. We took a picture using the app as well as the GoPro once we realized nothing was loading, and both of those pictures appeared in the media section of the app. We uninstalled/reinstalled the app and power cycled the GoPro. We reviewed all the loaded photos to make sure the dates didn’t get mixed up, but our photos from earlier today are nowhere to be found. We are using the app with both an iPhone X sad 11pro. Could you provided any help? We’ve spent hours trying to get it to work. We have no computer but don’t want to keep taking pictures with tho GoPro if there is a problem.