Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Go Pro desktop app system requirements

[ New ]

I recently purchased a Hero 8. Upon transferring to my PC and the go pro Quik app I noticed that I cannot play anything other standard videos, the decent footage is in HECV formation. Anything recorded in 4K, activity and Slow-Mo would not play (or even be seen in Media). I done some digging and as my CPU is not (Intel Kaby Lake (or equivalent) processor and newer) it would not process the HEVC format.

These are the issues I have encountered so far since buying my first go pro

-Windows was not Windows 10 so could not install app - Now upgraded

-Graphics Card was not satisfactory - upgraded graphics card to GeForce GTX 1050Ti to meet requirements

- CPU is not Intel Kaby Lake (or equivalent) processor and newer so cannot play HEVC format files. My processor is an intel core i7 2600 CPU @3.40ghz. 

The requirements for the gopro quick desktop app are - 

Intel Core i3 Recommended: Intel Quad Core i7 or better

based on this I believe my processor is fine.

Bottom line is Go Pro should state you need to buy a brand new PC in order to actually do anything with the footage. The recommendation I have found is to use an application called Handshake to convert files. This is an extra step I was not expecting to have to take.

Any suggestions?