Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: Go Pro Studio won't open project

Hello ?

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, we totaly understand your frustration. I'd be glad to help out to see if we can get GoPro Studio operating correctly for you.

First, make sure that youhave downloaded the most current version of GoPro Studio. The newest version of GoPro Studio is bundle with the download of GoPro App for Dekstop. In the newest version, there have been many issues that have been address and corrected, including the Autosave feature.

Next, we would like to take a closer look at your computer's specs. Please copy and past a copy of your DxDiag report so we can provide further assistance in resolving this issue. if you are unsure how to do so, please follow the directions below:

1. Press hold down the Windows key and press R. This will open the Run window.
2. In the Run window type: 'dxdiag' and press OK.
3. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will open.
4. Press the Display tab. Note all of the available graphics card info including graphics card name, driver version, and driver date.
5. If you want the dxdiag report sent in, click on "Save all information".
6. Copy and paste infomation in reply post

Anonymous

GoPro Studio crashed a few times while editting but auto-save always opened.  After I finished editing for the last time I saved and closed Studio.  Now the project will not open and says "Studion has stopped working"  I installed the latest release and still happening.

Anonymous

I tryied running gopro studio from an external drive and the problem is still happening.  I can't attach the dxdiag because of the extension .txt

GoPro

@Anonymous,

Have you tried to delete your appsettings to reset GoPro Studio indicated in this thread with a video tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7ABqtfPfHY

Anonymous

I am having the same problem. I have tried to reinstall GOPro studio.

I have the project file and it is 1,8MB, but it will not open (when I try to open, GoPro studio just crashes. What can I do?

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, sorry to hear that you are having this issue with opening up your project. Have you tried any of the above work arounds that have worked for other users having a similar issue? If so and you are still having an issue, please provide us with some addtiional info about the computer you are having by copying your DxDiag report to a reply post. If you are unsure how to do so, follow the directions below:

1. Press hold down the Windows key and press R. This will open the Run window.
2. In the Run window type: 'dxdiag' and press OK.
3. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will open.
4. Press the Display tab. Note all of the available graphics card info including graphics card name, driver version, and driver date.
5. If you want the dxdiag report sent in, click on "Save all information".
6. In the "Save As" window, the DirectX information will be saved as a text (.TXT) file. Designate where the file will be saved (such as the Desktop or other easily accessible location) and then click on the "Save" button.
7. Copy and paste the beginnining of the report through "Display Devices" in a post reply.

Highlighted
Anonymous

It works!!!

Thank you