Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Gauges, How? (Not using desktop Quik)

Hi. First, I know how to add gauges in Quik. But I can't get Quik working on my PC from v2.3 update. There are a number of post about this issue, so lets not go down that line. Is there a way, a tool, to add gauges to gopro photage without using desktop Quik? I want to extract the GPS data in old videos (GPS enabled) as well as in new and overlay some gauges. I have tried the Android App, but the function seems totally missing. I know you can use another external GPS device and create gauges overlays, but I don't have that for old photage and prefer to use less gismos. Oh, I have Hero 5 Black and this was on option that made me choose Black over Hero. Kind of disappointed at the moment.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gauges, How? (Not using desktop Quik)

Hi @andersh38,

You may also be able to do so in Dashware. Here are the steps for doing so:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Overlay-Telemetry-from-GoPro-Cameras-in-Dashware

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @andersh38,

You may also be able to do so in Dashware. Here are the steps for doing so:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Overlay-Telemetry-from-GoPro-Cameras-in-Dashware

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ryan

Hiker

Hi THANKS!!
Tourist

Unfortunately, Dashware doesn't work with the Hero 6.  It can created the data file, but the gauges won't work in the video.  I think the Hero6 gps data is different than that of the Hero 5, and Dashware hasn't updated the software for it.