Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GP Quick stopped working after OS 10.13.6 update

For some reason my GoPro Quick app stopped working adfter applying Mac OS 10.13.6 update on my Mac.

Basically it won't launch - the error reads

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa" in "".

It would seem that the app is using the Qt framework and that it is somehow currupt.

I have obviously tried to remove the app and re-install to no avail. Clearly something is broken ...

GoPro

Re: GP Quick stopped working after OS 10.13.6 update

Hello @godzila65

Thank you for reaching out. By any chance, were you able to make a clean uninstall of the app (and all its information) from your computer? See if the steps to fix discussed here will help. Let us know how it goes. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

Yes I did (including all hiden files, librarie, preferences and what not your app is installing - actually pretty scary (personally all I want is to get my movies out of the camera, but in this day and age I guess it is naive to hope for that - but I digreess)).

As per suggestion of your tech support I also tried to create a new admin user on the machine and install using that "profile".

Still the same issue - Qt somehow is corrupt.

Tourist

Just as an aside that might help your diagnostic I'm getting this prompt at the end of the install procecedure:

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 22.01.54.jpg

Not sure what to do about it - my best guess was to use the "browse" button to locate the app in the "Applications" folder.

GoPro

Thank you for the additional information @godzila65

Please continue working with our Support Team regarding this error.

You may follow up with your case via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

Hello again,

Just to report that the issue is still here and that support seems utterly uninterested to have it fixed.

Once we've gone through the usual suspects (deinstall, reinstall, create new user, cleanup all files in /library /app support etc) they just plainly refuse to escalete it any further. They asked me for a system profile but where baffled by how to use an spx system report. Good first level support but that's all you'll get.

In case anyone from Mac dev team reads this the case # is 04964660

I guess is muss be specific to my machine as they would be uproar in the forums in the app wasn't compatible with 10.13.6 !

I'll live with it...

Sightseer

It definetly doesent work any more. I can import files but other than that nothing works. We also run OS 10.13.6 imac

GoPro

Hello @thomasw733. Try updating to Mac OS version 10.14.2. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!