Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GORPO MAX EXPORTER CRASH ALL THE TIME

I'm getting the same issue. Exports to 2-5% and then app just closes. It was working a week ago and I exported numerous 360 videos. Something changed in windows or in the app.

Highlighted
Tourist

When I was having the issue, it was being caused by the CPU being overloaded. I was able to get one file at a time to export by closing every other program in my computer. Including all startup programs and other hidden CPU intensive tasks. I have since rebuilt my computer with a ryzen 3900x and have never again had the issue. So try your best to make it as easy as possible for your CPU. Annoying I know, but that’s all I can find that works.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I think i solved for the moment using this method: Move the .360 files to the pc hd then use any output folder from the app except for the Desktop one.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hello. I apologize in advance for my English. The configuration of my NTB is INTEL i5 7th. gene. RAM 4GB. SSD 250GB / 120 available. I have tried all these procedures, unfortunately without success. I upgraded to RAM + 16 GB. GoProMAX exporter has always crashed. It occurred to me to turn off the external graphics adapter (RADEON) in the BIOS and only let INTEL run. Voilà, GoPro max exporter works.
Perhaps it will help someone. Good luck

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @lithedawn70661. Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you. This will be greatly helpful to others who might be having the same issue with the GoPro MAX Exporter. Enjoy using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Tourist

i fixed that by changing my windows 10 pro OS from build 16xxx to 18362... give it a shot :)

yi.png
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Now it gets weird. When I download videos from cloud to pc using Quik and use these .360 files (from it's "Cloud media" folder) with exporter, Exporter crashes, just closes without any notice. BUT if I copy .360 files from camera memory card it works! So GoPro max exporter can only use files copied directly from MAX sd card! Files copied to cloud must me altered some way ?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @pkilpo. It could be because of the Quik for desktop application not supporting 360 media. Have you been able to download your 360 media from the PLUS cloud through plus.gopro.com? See if downloading the media directly to your computer (not via Quik) will allow the media to be detected by the GoPro MAX Exporter.