Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GORPO MAX EXPORTER CRASH ALL THE TIME

@mariustanya, I greatly appreciate the support!
After doing a little more experimenting, I noticed my cpu was being maxed out during the conversion process. It’s not the best cpu for the job (AMD A10-7850k) but it is water cooled and should be up to the task just fine.
So I closed all background applications, other than windows necessities and GoPro Max exporter.
Then loaded a single video file into the exporter and was able to export a 6 minute video in CineForm 5.6k with world lock and horizon leveling, to my mobile m.2 drive.
I was then able to replicate the results 5 more times without issue.
I have not tried with 360 audio as I’m filming with a drone anyways.

I’m assuming the older processors just aren’t able to keep up with the newer codecs. Even if they “support” them, the load is still a bit too much.
Hopefully this will help someone else be able to get their footage onto their pc.
Highlighted
GoPro

This is great, @eng89 ! Glad to know that you were able to export without the crash. We currently have this list of system requirements for the GoPro MAX Exporter. We'll pass your findings along to the team.

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried this app on few different PC computers now, and it simply doesn't work!! It crashes as soon as I select .360 files to import. It just disappear. It says DirectX 11 is required. I have DirectX 12 on my computer - do I need to downgrade? I read some forums about requirement for HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer which I downloaded from Microsoft store, but it still behaving the same. I'm also unable to process/reframe any 360 videos on my Galaxy S9 using GoPro app. I needed to use ipad pro to do any editing. This is $500 camera, and not having working software this late after release is just unacceptable. I still have my GoPro2 camera which works perfect, and had number of different models over the years, but software issues are worst and worst, and my patience is limited. I'm thinking about switching, and probably never coming back. Get your sh... together GoPro!!!

Highlighted
Tourist

by the way... my PC specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
NVIDIA Quadro M2000 4GB Graphics

let me know if you need any additional info
Highlighted
Hiker

Hey! Krystian, did you launch app as admin ? For me it solved.. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey, kashlv. Thanks for the advise! 

I had high hopes for this, but unfortunately it does exactly the same thing for me when run as administrator.

I'm glat it at least works for some people...

Highlighted
Tourist

I"m having the exact same issue  After the latest Windows update which I did a less than a week ago, the GoPro Max Exporter disappears/crashes the moment that I try and put a file into the conversion window.  It's happened a dozee times or more and I can't get a single video to convert.  I downloaded the CODEX pack from Windows, but that didn't solve the problem.  I am running a Lenovo Flex 5,, with a intel 8th generation processer that converted these files quickly before the Windows Update.  I've uninstalled GoPro Max Exporter and re-installed it and I get exactly the same crash every time I try and introduce any GoPro .360 file to the Exporter.  

I'll just reiterate that this is a disaster that the app is crashing every time and won't convert the files so that we can edit the footage.  I use the MAX as a teaching tool and my students depend on being able to see the different perspectives of the camera.  

Please fix this issue.  Iit's becoming a huge problem for me and my students.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Matt!

To which kind of HDD or SSD are you exporting? I had this same problem when I wanted to export to my internal HDD. Once I tried exporting to my external SSD there were no problems whatsoever. 

Another thing I noticed is that the software does not detect when the medium (to which it is exporting) is full. If you try to export to a full SSD or HDD, the exporter just crashes leaving you with no idea what went wrong. So make sure you have enough capacity left on your drive. 

Let me know if this helps you!