Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: GORPO MAX EXPORTER CRASH ALL THE TIME

app disappears when you try to import 360 file. this is annoying. why cant they give a fix about this? is this too hard for them?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hey Frase!!!!!! Top man :) it is working for me as well, i was as well thinking about codec, but honestly Gopro could have included a codec installation on the Gopro.... Very disappointed.

Anyway, everyone use the link that Frase posted to download the codec and your issue will be sorted.

Thanks again :) :) :)

Highlighted
Nomad

the problem is, there are already some codecs installed, if i rename the *.360 to *.mp4 i see the content in a players, ok, not as 360 content, but as requantangle (even that is incorrect) importing by hand works as i wrote, only thing to fix is there editor, that gives me blackscreen, henge, i dont know what happens if i overwrite the current codec with a appstore codec.
Highlighted
Nomad

well, the HEVC codec from microsoft did indeed the job. All 360 files could be imported en converted, wish it also could level out the photo's, hehe... reason it didnt work, i have a GTX970, and that card does not have HEVC or H265 codec, only over software.
Highlighted
Hiker

..if you export/import the 360files bypassing the exporter (for example by renaming and using the microsoftcodec) then...how does it look ?

I guess that it is not stiched ..therefor you have either only front or backview !?

And most likely, you will have a total shaky moving picture, because the stabilisation is done by the exporter or the Player in the converting/stichingprocess .

Am i wrong ?

Highlighted
Nomad

actually... it doesnt mater if u import by hand, or not, the pros on by doing it by hand, u can select ALL files to save to your drive. the importer can only import 360 files, one by one, and convert it ,i guess, on the fly to the format needed. becouse the MAX saves the 360's in HEVC u need a modern gfx card, prefered with hardware HEVC in the GPU ! the microsoft solution is imho a bypass option that works for older cards. As for if your 360 video file is in the exporter, it only converts the sqaure reactangualr file to a proper reactangular format, and u can set the output mode, so setting the options to ON by default is not a luxery. Keep one thing in mind !, FACEBOOK does NOT support HEVC files, if u convert with the idea to place it on facebook instandly, use H264 codec, as for output format, didnt yet tested it with the 5.6K format in H264 (will not do at this point, its 8am and just awake). afterefects as reframe with efect need done with other software, as for quick, well, no comment grrr.
Highlighted
Nomad

aditional, reframing a 360 mp4 to normal format, i just tested it with my video editor Corel Video studio (sorry guys, Adobe is me to expensive hehe) ,it works as it should be.
Highlighted
Nomad

oh, for reframe with magic hehe, i just tried to import the MP4 in to insta360 studio (sorry gopro for the blassfemy) ,it wont work, its says its corrupt, well, it wants it own MP4 format. however. if u import the max p4 in the video editor (corel video studio in my case) and directly save it as regular mp4 (dont worry, the metadata keeps in the file) u can import it in insta360 studio, but there is a nader ,well, done testing for now, shower time, more coffee and up for work, simply experiment i would say. cheers.