Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

GORPO MAX EXPORTER CRASH ALL THE TIME

[ New ]

HI I have the Gopro Max. the program Exporter crash all the time when i add a video 360. check photo. what can i do?

Screenshot_20.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Betreff: GORPO MAX EXPORTER CRASH ALL THE TIME

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @bravestoke64445. if you have already done these suggested troubleshooting steps, the next step would be to connect with our Support team for more direct assistance. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

View solution in original post

GoPro

Re: GORPO MAX EXPORTER CRASH ALL THE TIME

[ New ]

Hello, @1deli1doru. If you haven't yet, perform the following steps to help resolve the issue of the GoPro MAX Exporter crashing: 

1. No matter the situation or reason for the crash, the first thing you'll want to do is make sure that you have HEVC decoders installed on your computer. Check out this link to download them for free from the Windows Store. 
    • Please Note: There is a free and paid version($1) on the Windows store for the exact same file download. Be sure to download the FREE version.
  2. Make sure that Windows up to date! You can check this by searching for "Windows Update Settings" in the start menu.
  3. Make absolutely sure that drivers for your Graphics card are up to date. Depending on the card you own, you can use the following links to ensure you have the latest update:
  4. Uninstall/reinstall GoPro MAX Exporter
  5. For exporting issues, use the CineForm codec if your graphics card doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

If the issue persists, please share with us your workflow so we can help better. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

Betreff: GORPO MAX EXPORTER CRASH ALL THE TIME

[ New ]

100 % agreed ....exactly the same here !!!

Tourist

[ New ]

Same here - I'm on the latest Windows 10. The app launches fine, but when I try to open a 360 file, the app disappears.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey guys i have the exact same problem, if i put the .360 in the Gopro Max Exporter it start loading it, and as soon as the file is visible on the software, the windows disappear, and when i start it again the list is empty.

Anyone can help ?

Nomad

[ New ]
same thing here. bought the max today, it was already with the firmware updater, but ok, that works. also, i notice i can only select ONE file at the time. when i select a file, a .360 in this case, it imports nicely, but at 100% the export shutsdown ,but NO file was written. however,, i am smart and i simply cheat, i locate the directory by hand and use a file explorer to import the files in one hit to my hdd. after that,, thats it, editing is not even posible, quick simply gives black screen.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hallo, mir geht es genauso! Habe den Max Exporter auf ein frisch installiertem Windows 10 Pro, dass auf einen MacBook Pro als 2. Betreibsystem läuft, installiert. Programm startet ganz normal und wenn ich das 360° Video von der Max einfüge stützt es ab.

Siehe Video hier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8X689VEM

Windows ist auf dem neusten Stand.

Da ja mehrere das Problem haben hoffe ich mal, dass sich GoPro dem schnell annimmt.

Grüße Michael

Tourist

[ New ]

Fehler gefunden... habe den HEVC-Codec installiert... jetzt läuft es!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer/9n4wgh0z6vhq?active...

Nomad

[ New ]
this is odd, its a importer !, its copies files from the device, why should it look to a codec ?
Tourist

[ New ]

app disappears when you try to import 360 file. this is annoying. why cant they give a fix about this? is this too hard for them?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey Frase!!!!!! Top man :) it is working for me as well, i was as well thinking about codec, but honestly Gopro could have included a codec installation on the Gopro.... Very disappointed.

Anyway, everyone use the link that Frase posted to download the codec and your issue will be sorted.

Thanks again :) :) :)

Nomad

[ New ]
the problem is, there are already some codecs installed, if i rename the *.360 to *.mp4 i see the content in a players, ok, not as 360 content, but as requantangle (even that is incorrect) importing by hand works as i wrote, only thing to fix is there editor, that gives me blackscreen, henge, i dont know what happens if i overwrite the current codec with a appstore codec.
Nomad

[ New ]
well, the HEVC codec from microsoft did indeed the job. All 360 files could be imported en converted, wish it also could level out the photo's, hehe... reason it didnt work, i have a GTX970, and that card does not have HEVC or H265 codec, only over software.
Hiker

[ New ]

..if you export/import the 360files bypassing the exporter (for example by renaming and using the microsoftcodec) then...how does it look ?

I guess that it is not stiched ..therefor you have either only front or backview !?

And most likely, you will have a total shaky moving picture, because the stabilisation is done by the exporter or the Player in the converting/stichingprocess .

Am i wrong ?

Nomad

[ New ]
actually... it doesnt mater if u import by hand, or not, the pros on by doing it by hand, u can select ALL files to save to your drive. the importer can only import 360 files, one by one, and convert it ,i guess, on the fly to the format needed. becouse the MAX saves the 360's in HEVC u need a modern gfx card, prefered with hardware HEVC in the GPU ! the microsoft solution is imho a bypass option that works for older cards. As for if your 360 video file is in the exporter, it only converts the sqaure reactangualr file to a proper reactangular format, and u can set the output mode, so setting the options to ON by default is not a luxery. Keep one thing in mind !, FACEBOOK does NOT support HEVC files, if u convert with the idea to place it on facebook instandly, use H264 codec, as for output format, didnt yet tested it with the 5.6K format in H264 (will not do at this point, its 8am and just awake). afterefects as reframe with efect need done with other software, as for quick, well, no comment grrr.
Nomad

[ New ]
aditional, reframing a 360 mp4 to normal format, i just tested it with my video editor Corel Video studio (sorry guys, Adobe is me to expensive hehe) ,it works as it should be.
Nomad

[ New ]
oh, for reframe with magic hehe, i just tried to import the MP4 in to insta360 studio (sorry gopro for the blassfemy) ,it wont work, its says its corrupt, well, it wants it own MP4 format. however. if u import the max p4 in the video editor (corel video studio in my case) and directly save it as regular mp4 (dont worry, the metadata keeps in the file) u can import it in insta360 studio, but there is a nader ,well, done testing for now, shower time, more coffee and up for work, simply experiment i would say. cheers.
Nomad

[ New ]
ups.. just noticed a weardness. IF u have 360 audio + stereo active and horizon level and world lock on in the exporter, there is no audio ! audio is only there when MAX audio is set to stereo.
Nomad

[ New ]
nvr mind, if i untogle 360 audio it works.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

I have 1.9.3.0. version, i got the HEVC codec from Microsoft store, but still Exporter stops responding once i press START button. I have high end PC (coffee lake i5, 1070ti, 16gb ddr). I have tried reinstalling Exporter and codecs (even used other codec packages than Microsoft store), but the result is the same. Any suggestions ? 

Capture.JPG
Hiker

[ New ]

On my oldish DELL XPS laptop after I hit START it starts processing, but freezes shortly after (apparently due to high load) it goes to 4-5% of first file. So overall I can not export for editing in premiere.. :( 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @kashlv. Which OS is your Dell computer running on? See if updating to the latest version of the GoPro MAX Exporter will clear the issue. If it does not, will you be able to guide us through your workflow? We'd like to know when the crash occurs. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
It is just a 5 year old XPS 13 running on dual core i5. I believe it just freezes because if being too slow..
Tourist

[ New ]

My custom built windows 10 PC is doing the same thing. I've actually gotten a couple of videos to work, but that is rare. Generally it will make it about 10% into the conversion, then the program disapears without warning. No error messages or anything. There will be an unusable file left where it was attempting to save the converted video. I've updated the app, installed codecs, and tried numerous different save locations. Including internal SSD, internal HHD, external m.2 nvme, and the best luck I have had, has been with my internal ssd. Which is not ideal because thats my C: drive and it's a rather small SSD. 

I did notice, if I select h.265 and 4k quality, I can get through the conversion without issue. This is the last thing I want to do though, as I am using my footage for commercial videos. At 1080p reframed, I can't afford to lose quality to compression.

PLEASE GoPro, Fix this issue!! At over 80% conversion failure rate, the GoPro Max is currently completely useless to me. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the detailed feedback, @eng89. We will share this with the team and will keep this thread updated once we have new information. 

Tourist

[ New ]
@mariustanya, I greatly appreciate the support!
After doing a little more experimenting, I noticed my cpu was being maxed out during the conversion process. It’s not the best cpu for the job (AMD A10-7850k) but it is water cooled and should be up to the task just fine.
So I closed all background applications, other than windows necessities and GoPro Max exporter.
Then loaded a single video file into the exporter and was able to export a 6 minute video in CineForm 5.6k with world lock and horizon leveling, to my mobile m.2 drive.
I was then able to replicate the results 5 more times without issue.
I have not tried with 360 audio as I’m filming with a drone anyways.

I’m assuming the older processors just aren’t able to keep up with the newer codecs. Even if they “support” them, the load is still a bit too much.
Hopefully this will help someone else be able to get their footage onto their pc.
GoPro

[ New ]

This is great, @eng89 ! Glad to know that you were able to export without the crash. We currently have this list of system requirements for the GoPro MAX Exporter. We'll pass your findings along to the team.

Tourist

[ New ]

I tried this app on few different PC computers now, and it simply doesn't work!! It crashes as soon as I select .360 files to import. It just disappear. It says DirectX 11 is required. I have DirectX 12 on my computer - do I need to downgrade? I read some forums about requirement for HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer which I downloaded from Microsoft store, but it still behaving the same. I'm also unable to process/reframe any 360 videos on my Galaxy S9 using GoPro app. I needed to use ipad pro to do any editing. This is $500 camera, and not having working software this late after release is just unacceptable. I still have my GoPro2 camera which works perfect, and had number of different models over the years, but software issues are worst and worst, and my patience is limited. I'm thinking about switching, and probably never coming back. Get your sh... together GoPro!!!

Tourist

[ New ]
by the way... my PC specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
NVIDIA Quadro M2000 4GB Graphics

let me know if you need any additional info
Hiker

[ New ]

Hey! Krystian, did you launch app as admin ? For me it solved.. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey, kashlv. Thanks for the advise! 

I had high hopes for this, but unfortunately it does exactly the same thing for me when run as administrator.

I'm glat it at least works for some people...

Tourist

[ New ]

I"m having the exact same issue  After the latest Windows update which I did a less than a week ago, the GoPro Max Exporter disappears/crashes the moment that I try and put a file into the conversion window.  It's happened a dozee times or more and I can't get a single video to convert.  I downloaded the CODEX pack from Windows, but that didn't solve the problem.  I am running a Lenovo Flex 5,, with a intel 8th generation processer that converted these files quickly before the Windows Update.  I've uninstalled GoPro Max Exporter and re-installed it and I get exactly the same crash every time I try and introduce any GoPro .360 file to the Exporter.  

I'll just reiterate that this is a disaster that the app is crashing every time and won't convert the files so that we can edit the footage.  I use the MAX as a teaching tool and my students depend on being able to see the different perspectives of the camera.  

Please fix this issue.  Iit's becoming a huge problem for me and my students.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Matt!

To which kind of HDD or SSD are you exporting? I had this same problem when I wanted to export to my internal HDD. Once I tried exporting to my external SSD there were no problems whatsoever. 

Another thing I noticed is that the software does not detect when the medium (to which it is exporting) is full. If you try to export to a full SSD or HDD, the exporter just crashes leaving you with no idea what went wrong. So make sure you have enough capacity left on your drive. 

Let me know if this helps you!

Sightseer

[ New ]
hi any idea how can i add the movie360 in pinnacle?

The program Pinacle can't recognize the file

thanks
Tourist

[ New ]

Still no solution to this from the GoPro team? I have tried the suggested solutions, with no luck. As the Max exporter crashes every time, I can only edit my videos in the App. 

Any release-date for the Windows player? 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Pleeease Gopro!!! fix this! it's really annoying! 

I'm Thinking to get an insta360 One R if no update will come out soon............... ..................

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

If you continue to get crashing issues, please check the following:

Minimum System Requirements

Run the program as an admin

Check if your computer has enough memory

HEVC codec installed

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

I met all the requirements I could find. What else can I do?

Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Build 18363.592)

i7-3770K 16GB

GeForce GTX 1070 NVIDIA driver 442.19

HEVC installed

Free disk space with 167 GB

GoPro Max Exporter start as administrator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdV8cHJnMCw

Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Build 18363.592)i7-3770K 16GBGeForce GTX 1070 NVIDIA driver 442.19HEVC installedFree disk space with 167 GBGoPro Max Exporter start as a...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @artviz. In this case, please connect with our Support team so they can assist you with the next steps. You may direct them to this thread for reference on what has already been done. You may reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . 

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks! I wrote to the support service, but while waiting for a response, I managed it myself. I installed Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Premiere, Media Encoder. They had a missing component. What I don't know. It would be good for you to write more complete system requirements. It is obvious that the existing system requirements are not complete.

GoPro

[ New ]

We will definitely pass this along to the team. Thanks for the input, @artviz

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm getting the same issue. Exports to 2-5% and then app just closes. It was working a week ago and I exported numerous 360 videos. Something changed in windows or in the app.

Tourist

[ New ]
When I was having the issue, it was being caused by the CPU being overloaded. I was able to get one file at a time to export by closing every other program in my computer. Including all startup programs and other hidden CPU intensive tasks. I have since rebuilt my computer with a ryzen 3900x and have never again had the issue. So try your best to make it as easy as possible for your CPU. Annoying I know, but that’s all I can find that works.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I think i solved for the moment using this method: Move the .360 files to the pc hd then use any output folder from the app except for the Desktop one.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello. I apologize in advance for my English. The configuration of my NTB is INTEL i5 7th. gene. RAM 4GB. SSD 250GB / 120 available. I have tried all these procedures, unfortunately without success. I upgraded to RAM + 16 GB. GoProMAX exporter has always crashed. It occurred to me to turn off the external graphics adapter (RADEON) in the BIOS and only let INTEL run. Voilà, GoPro max exporter works.
Perhaps it will help someone. Good luck

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @lithedawn70661. Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you. This will be greatly helpful to others who might be having the same issue with the GoPro MAX Exporter. Enjoy using your GoPro!

Tourist

[ New ]

i fixed that by changing my windows 10 pro OS from build 16xxx to 18362... give it a shot :)

yi.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Now it gets weird. When I download videos from cloud to pc using Quik and use these .360 files (from it's "Cloud media" folder) with exporter, Exporter crashes, just closes without any notice. BUT if I copy .360 files from camera memory card it works! So GoPro max exporter can only use files copied directly from MAX sd card! Files copied to cloud must me altered some way ?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @pkilpo. It could be because of the Quik for desktop application not supporting 360 media. Have you been able to download your 360 media from the PLUS cloud through plus.gopro.com? See if downloading the media directly to your computer (not via Quik) will allow the media to be detected by the GoPro MAX Exporter. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi yes I must check that. I somehow had Quik open everytime I plug in Max. If it wont even work with 360 media I should uninstall it then. I let you know later if media copied directly from plus web will work.

Thanks! 

Tourist

[ New ]

Estoy igual... desde la ultima actualización de la MAX, no he podido utilizar m´pas la cámara, me tiene molesto este tema. Lo he intentado todo