Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: GOPRO QUICK will not import after updating to MAC OS Catalina

GoPro;

Has the GoPro Desktop App been confirmed to work with Mac/OS Catalina?

In addition to the messages in this thread, I am also seeing "Initializing deletion". 

I've restarted the app several times, I've also rebooted the computer.

Before I expend any more time on this, can you confirm from the SWS team that GoPro Quick has been confirmed to work with the latest Mac/OS?

I am running Quick: 2.7.0.874.  That is also the latest version available from the GoPro App Website

Thanks.

/ Ed

Screenshot 2019-11-24 09.59.55.png
GoPro

Hello @betamanshero3. Yes, the latest Quik for desktop version works with Catalina. How do you import the footage from your camera to Quik - is it via a direct connection, or by inserting the SD card to your computer? Also, when do you get the "initializing deletion" message? We hope to hear back from you. 

Tourist

I am on a MacBook Pro running MacOS Catalina 10.15.2. I am having the same problem and this is a serious issue. I have followed a number of recommened fixes without any sucess. 

I have connected the camera directly, then I used the Micro USB drive in the usb slot. I have zapped the PRam, I have deleted the GoPro Quick App. None of it has work. 

Could something have happened when the new OS was stalled which nolonger maps the GoPro Quick App to where the files should be imported to?

Please advise!

Chris

Screen Shot 2019 1  PM.png
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Screen Shot 2019 2 PM.png
Tourist

Screen Shot 2019 3.png
Tourist

I am having the issue as well after updating Mac to Catalina. 

There are literally dozens of people experiencing this issue right now and the best GoPro can do is to either:

1. Troubleshoot the problem, relaying all details back to GoPro to continue investigating.
  2. Email back and forth, starting from a contact form with a single line input field for details and no file-upload.

I'd like to propose a 3rd option:

3. GoPro actually looks into the issue.

Having bugs is absolutely okay - but this level of support is only going to encourage people to start looking at DJI.

Hiker

Same issues. Still doesn’t work. I’m giving up on quick and using FCPX to import now.
Sightseer

Doesn't work for me on my 7 Black or 8 Black.  I've tried multiple SD adapters, multile SD cards, various cables, deleted Quik, rebooted, installed again etc.  Nothing fixes this problem. 

MacOS 10.15.2 

Quik 2.7.0.874